As most of you know, I sponsor a child in San Jorge, Guatemala as part of Mayan Families School Sponsorship (see links in my sidebar). I have visited with her and her family last November on my mission trip and have been able to periodically send things down for her in various shipments as well as purchase items to help her family. This week, I found out that I could send some money down to have Easter Food delivered to her home in time for Semana Santa (Holy Week). Some of the traditional food includes sweet breads, drinking chocolate and sugar. The food was delivered yesterday and today I received pictures of her family receiving her Easter Food! Thought I would share a couple of my sweet girl!
Look at that sweet toothless smile!! I just love smiles when they lose their two front teeth! (I think they misspelled her name on the chalkboard)

This is Dayli, her little sister, Fristy, her mother and her new baby brother (born in December... what a big little guy!)

I cannot wait to go back down to visit again this fall on my next mission trip!!
Feliz Semana Santa!!
3 comments:
Girl! When are you going back?! I am making plans to go in December!
What a beautiful family! I was so happy to see the pictures in my inbox today of the students I sponsor. How lucky you were to be able to visit!
SO GREAT to see hose faces again!! the girls are getting tall ~ and the baby LOOKS HEALTHY!! Can't wait to see them again ~ !!!
So glad you got photos ~ I am waiting on some of my Juan!
XOXO
Post a Comment