She has had many tests and everything came back as inconclusive, but the pain is still intense and it has begun to localize. They are thinking that she may possibly have had a blood clot or piece of arterial plaque break off and lodge in a small vessel in her intestinal track. They are going to do surgery in the morning to see what is going on and if there is some dead tissue or what might be causing the pain.
Please keep Nana in your prayers!
UPDATE - SATURDAY
Well, my mom had her surgery this morning... and they were able to find an adhesion from her hysterectomy several years back... it had left a band of sorts that her small intestine has managed to loop itself over. So, it was basically folding itself over this band of tissue. They were able to clip it and everything seems to have returned to its normal position post op. They will start her back on a liquid diet today to get everything up and running again, and hopefully, her pain will subside and she can go home when she feels better, possibly tomorrow.
Of course, she will have the shoulder pain from the laparoscopy to deal with over the next couple days as it works itself out of her body, but we have much to be thankful for! This was an easy fix, but something they would not have found unless they got in there to check things out.
Thank you so much for your prayers! I am on my way back to the hospital and hopefully will get some time to check in with everybody's FFF posts later this evening!
UPDATE - SUNDAY
Nana is home and besides feeling like she has been hit by a Mack truck, all is well. Thank you so much for your prayers. Life is good!
I know I owe you some pictures of our trip and I have a couple more fun things to post as well!!
Here are a few pictures of my mom for my FFF!
On our visit trip to meet Sophie in July 2005
Sophie~Bug and her Nana - September 2006
At the pumpkin patch helping her little princesita - October 2007
And this past Christmas receiving her Christmas present from her grandbabies.
I will not have time to link everybody's FFF this week until things settle down here. If you leave a comment, I will try to get links up later this weekend - sorry... will post links again next Friday. Hard to keep up with all my blogging friends and I know I haven't commented, but starting to catch up with everybody!
Love and always FROGging!!
Sarah


20 comments:
I just prayed for your mother. Beautiful pictures of her and the kids. Feel free to link my FFF when you are able.
I knew something must be going on. I'll be thinking of her and hoping for the best during her surgery. Thinking of you and your children as well as you go through this with her.
Kerri and Ruby
What beautiful pics of your mom with your children!! I have been praying for her since I saw your post on GAFI last night and I thought about her and you as soon as I woke this morning. I will be continuing the prayers!!
Robyn
Sorry to hear about your mom. She will be in our prayers as well as you guys. Hope she is feeling better very soon. Huge hugs being sent your alls way.
Praying for all of you Sarah. I'm sure you're all scared.
d
You take care of her - and WOW - I could spot those blue eyes a mile away -
what a great gift from YOUR mom:)
Praying for her and here if you need me:)
JUlia:)
Consider it already done Sarah! Nana will surly have my daily prayers. Nothing but good thoughts and wishes for all of you through a challenging time.
Much love from here!
We will be thinking about all of you.... And .. an extra hug for Nana!
Love and Hugs...
I also knew something had to be wrong when you hadn't posted.
I am praying for Nana and hope they can find and correct the problem in the surgery.
I am so glad they found what was wrong and were able to fix it. I will continue to pray for her recovery!!
Robyn
Glad to hear the good news Sarah!
It's always scary when one goes to surgery not knowing what is wrong.
Again..Im glad to know that all should be well. Hugs to everyone!
Love and Hugs..
So glad to get an update Sarah!!!! I have been thinking about and praying for both of you - let me know if I can do anything at all - I am here in NC - but I am there with you in spirit girly!!!
love to you guys
Julia:)
So happy to hear everything is ok!
Hope she feels better very soon!
I am sorry to hear what your mom had to go through. I am glad they were able to correct things and hope she's feeling better very soon.
I am so glad to hear everything is okay with your mother. Praying for her as I type...
Becca
Thank goodness Nana is going to be ok. Please give her our best!
Poor Nana! Praying that she continues on the way to a speedy recovery! Wonderful pictures!
I just got access to a computer (mind decided to go on the blink) and sorry to hear about your mother. I was glad that the doctors find out the problem. Praying for a speedy recovery! I just love the pic of her and "bug" together, there is nothing more precious than being in "grandma's arms"!
PS I love the Christmas present Nana got from you guys!! I know she simply loved it!!!!
Take care you guys and kiss those GORGEOUS kids for me!
update - update - need to hear about your MommA and how you are as well:):)
JUliA:)
I just go tcaught up.. I'm sooo glad Nana is o k!!!
Have a greta day :)
Your family is precious!! I can't wait to bring home my little Guatemalan angel. I'm glad to see that your sweet mom is doing okay now!
Blessings,
Lindsey Wheeler
www.thewheelerjourney.blogspot.com
Post a Comment