Here is my precious little ladybug in the garden this week...
And here she was two years ago today being placed in my arms after what seemed like an eternal wait (and of course, I now feel so lucky to have brought her home so soon).

There are no words to describe just exactly what I felt when I held her that day... but I can tell you that it was so surreal and every bit as miraculous as the moment my newborns were placed in my arms after their births. This child grew not in my womb, but in my heart and the labor pains were every bit as painful each time and the joy every bit as momentous!
Today, I think so much of her birthmother and wonder if she is thinking of her tiny baby and wondering if she is loved and cherished and cared for. I know somewhere in the back of my mind that she absolutely knows that our daughter is greatly loved and is someone special to so many. A thread will always connect us all... and I pray that Sophie will grow up knowing that her birthmother gave her the gift of life and her mommy received the gift of watching her grow up and helping her become all that her mothers dreamed of.
I LOVE YOU, MY BABY SOPHIE~BUG!!! I am so happy that we are together for FOREVER!!
We are spending this special anniversary traveling to Atlanta for Guatoberfest. I will not be able to link your FFF pictures here until my return Sunday night. I promise to take tons of pictures and share them when I get back.
Corey, Luke, Sarah, Gabe & Lily
Holly, Gia & Nino
The Cash Crew
Tricia & Sofia (shout out to Guatoberfest)
Katie, Arianna & Brayden
Lisa, Katelyn & Frankie
Becky, Juliana, Isabella & Dylan
Kerri & Ruby
Amy & Jonathan
Robyn & Gabriella


10 comments:
Sarah,
Beautiful pictures as always...and a beautiful story to go with it. Many emotions surface again Im sure..but much thankfulness again knowing that Sophie is home forever. :)
Have fun this weekend! Can't wait to hear all about it.
Awww Sarah...I remember that day so well. Congratulations mom and have a terrific weekend fellowshipping together!
d:D
She's such a beauty. Congratulations on two years! Have a great weekend in Atlanta!
How awesome! Your Forever Family Day is my daughter's birthday. As you were welcoming Sophie into your family, we were celebrating the birth of Juliana. Congratulations!
Congrats on your milestone!
Have a great time in Atlanta. Wish we were able to be there.
Kerri and Ruby
Happy two years together forever!! Such darling photos of Sohpie, as always!!
What a beautiful post!! The pics of Sophie~Bug are absolutely gorgeous!! Happy 2 Year Anniversary!!
Robyn & Gabriella
Such a pretty little girl! I love the photo of her sitting on the fence.
Rachel
Happy 2 years! Sophie is just beautiful! It was so great to meet you both in person. Sophie is such a doll. I added you guys to Sophia's blog in her friends. Hope that is ok.
Hugs,
Lisa & Sophia
HAPPY 2 YR ANNIVERSARY!!!! Sophie is so beautiful, even more so in person. I'm so happy I got the chance to meet you guys. I wish I had gotten more time. The weekend was a whirlwind wasn't it? I cannot wait to see your pictures! :) Off to try to get my FFF up predated to Friday! Thanks for letting me know I can do this!
Post a Comment