Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Started Your Holiday Shopping Yet??



Have any of you started your Holiday shopping yet? I am just starting, but found out an awesome way to support Mayan Families while I shop. It is through a site called iGive and you need do nothing more than sign in and then shop at any of the online stores you already know... here is a link to all the merchants that you probably already shop with. Mayan Families will receive a percentage of your total purchase and you don't have to do a thing! You even get a tax deductible donation write off since Mayan Families is now a 501 (c) (3) charity, if you so choose.

I cannot believe my mission trip is less than two weeks away!! I began packing all the collected donations last night and am thrilled that I have already filled two large suitcases! I plan to take an additional suitcase as well but it will cost an additional $100 to fly on Delta to get there... I hate that... all these donations and the airlines gets to charge for the extra suitcase... think how far $100 would go in Guatemala buying more supplies? Oh well, I am so excited about the things I am taking. Many, many thanks to my blogger friend, Lori who sent items to take with me along with my local friends, Judy, Holly and Anita who also gave me items to take with me. Whatever I cannot take with me on this trip, I guarantee you that they will get down to Guatemala on another trip soon.

Speaking of my trip, I have created a blog for friends to follow along. There are six of us going down together and we will all be blogging along the way and posting pictures of our experience. Follow along here and I will add a link in the sidebar.

Happy Shopping!!

7 comments:

Our Family of 5 said...

OH Sarah! How envious of you I am! What a great thing for you to be able to do! Can't wait to see pictures and will definitely follow along on your blog!

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

iGive sounds great. I'll have to get busy shopping.
Can't wait to follow along with your trip.

Amy S. said...

Wow! Is it that time already? Can't wait to hear about the trip. What an awesome opportunity...and a wonderful thing to be doing.

Love and Hugs...

Christina said...

Have a safe and exciting trip...wish I was going with you.

Thanks for the insight on iGive also..I was just getting ready to order some Christmas gifts and I will have to check it out and see if they have that store on there.

Anonymous said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!!!!!!!! I wish I could go with you!!! And what a great organization for Christmas shopping!!! I'm definitely doing that! Thanks for letting us all know about it. I'll be following your mission trip and praying for you guys. I get goosebumps thinking of all the people you will be able to touch. I'm so excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Horray For Mayan Families! Have a wonderful trip and take good notes for me.

veggiemom said...

Ooh - I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to here all about it and see pics!
Kerri and Ruby