In going through my pictures to find my favorite of the two of them together, I came across so many that truly chronicles what an awesome kid my son is. So, with some tears of mushiness tonight, here are some favorites of Grant being an awesome big brother. Sorry so many, I could not choose just one.
Grant meeting his baby sister for the first time when she was 10 weeks old:
Promising to protect her for always (visit trip - 10 weeks old):
Soothing his sister to sleep in the Guatemala Marriott Champions restaurant while mommy ate:
Showing off his baby sister home forever (5 months old):

Sophie adores her big brother and would always reach out to touch his face:
He is the first to volunteer to play with her when I need help:
He took her on her first amusement park ride:
He is THE man in her life:
He may very well be the person she has her first dance with as a bride (besides the groom of course):
Protecting her from people dressed up in scary bunny costumes:
Always there to celebrate all her special milestones:
Just enjoying a warm afternoon:
Teaching her to color with crayons:
And if there is any doubt about how Sophie feels about my big tough guy:
Grant is the BEST big brother a girl could ask for... this picture says it all:
Please keep Wendy's little angel, Perri Brynn (PBJ) in your prayers... this little girl really needs to come home ASAP to be assessed and taken care of at home. Please keep their son, Ahren in your prayers as well, that he is able to come home soon.
Links to our Favorite Friday Foto friends:
First... a shout out to Amanda and her beautiful Bella - together forever finally!!
And, my first Secret Blog Pal, Shannon and her adorable baby Analise are OUT of PGN!! Come on PINK!!!
And, shout out to Sharon & Olivia as they are OUT of PGN and awaiting PINK!
Amy & Jonathan
Lisa, Katelyn, Frankie & Sophia
Laurie & Joe
Becky & Amaya
Many Blessings and her four gorgeous girls
Christina & Aiden
Andrea and K
Robyn & Gabriella
Marlene & Rylee
Holly
Steve, Amy & Mia
Becca & Ella
Sabra & Sofia
Alleen & Gabriella
Kerri & Ruby
Kelly & Kemry
Krystal, Gerson and his buddy Lucas
Candy & Kya Blu
Heather, Kyle, Brandon, Jacob & Allie
Katie, Brayden & Arianna
Kim & Alex
Stephanie & Maya
Amy & Benjamin
N&D, Danny & Victoria
Beth, Sam & Lucy


25 comments:
Hi Sarah,
Just came across your blog. You have a beautiful family and Sophie is so lucky to have such a wonderful big brother!!
Now that was so enjoyable! It was so nice to see so many pictures. You are so very lucky to have Grant. He sure does look like an awesome big brother.... I could tell that a long time ago. Sophie is so lucky to have the love from both a big brother and a big sister....and isn't it nice that he helps watch her when you need him to without him complaing..How awesome!
Love and Hugs..
awwwwwww=) That gave me goosebumps! Isn't it great the bond they have with the big kids? All of your children are beautiful. It melts my heart to see the love between brothers and sisters!
Ok - Now I'M crying!!! So sweet!!!!
I KNOW! Grant is a 1 in a million kid. Mindy STILL recognizes his picture, and yells "GRANT!" just like she did across the atrium of The Embassy Suites. If he is not already "spoke fer", I would like him to marry either of my daughters. Is it too early to ask?
http://web.mac.com/sdkatz/iWeb/Laura%20Ingalls%20in%20Bloggerland/Blog/Blog.html
Sarah
Priceless!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a special young man. Thanks for sharing...what a great post.
Grant - we are your biggest fans and you know it;) I do hope you will come to visit Mac and Erin this Summer - (I am sure glad we don't have elevators at our house;)
Sarah - you have a beautiful family that is tied together so beautifully with love. You are a great Momma and I LOVE your blog!
Thanks for being who you are:)
JUlia:)
You've got me tearing up too! How wonderful that Grant is such an awesome big brother. You are truly blessed!
So....what kind of cruel game is this?!?!?!? Leaving me a slobbering mess of tears this early in the morning?!?!?!? ;)
Just wait till that girlie tries bring home a guy. Good luck to him. The guy I mean. :) He's going to have to fill some pretty big shoes.
Awesome, awesome pictures.
Love ya. As always. :)
d
My picture is up for FFF.
Awwww, thanks for the cry this morning...its a good one. I love the bond between them.
SO sweet. I agree with Dawn-it's a good thing I don't have my makeup on yet. Otherwise, it would be pretty runny right now. Such a precious group of pictures.
Mine is up, too.
Oh what a sweet brother. I only hope & pray that Ethan can be a big brother like Grant someday. These pictures are adorable! Thanks for sharing!
(I put a link to your blog from ours..I hope you don't mind:)
Sweet. :) Grant looks so proud of his little sister.
I would not have been able to pick just one of those pictures. They are all great!!!
Sophie is very blessed to have such a wonderful big brother. It looks like he too is blessed to have wonderful little sister.
Your children are beautiful!!!
Thanks for the shout about our out!!! We are very excited, pink is not too far away!!
Enjoy your weekend!!
Sharon
Best FOTO FRIDAY yet!!! How sweet and touching...excuse while I grab more tissue!!
sniff sniff! He is the BEST big brother and I can vouch for seeing him in action!
I posted my FFF pic
How beautiful!
What precious pics!! Their love for each other shines through in each one. Sophie is so lucky to have such a wonderful big brother!!
Robyn
OMG - I love it! How lucky are they to have each other and you to get to watch your children be so close - just beautiful!
Finally got our pic posted too. I'm so glad you started this - I look forward to Friday every week for a new reason now and it's cool to see how this has spread - I've even seen it on blogs from other countries now.
Kerri and Ruby
This is my favorite FFF you've ever posted! He seems like such an amazing big brother. All of the pictures show this very well. You are such a lucky mama (and a good one to have raised such a wonderful son).
I got my pic posted and I'm a bit mushy this week too.
What a great son you have! He sounds like my son-- a great BIG brother! Thank you so much for our shout out!!!!!!
amanda
No wonder you are so proud... You can see the love pouring out of those photographs!
That is just incredible! I hope my two are as close!
What a GREAT kid!
AHHHH...I love all those pics...just so sweet the love that those 2 share!!!!
I really Love these pictures...Well you knw I am a BIG GRANT FAN...he is such an awesome boy.....Hugs
Post a Comment