Friday, November 7, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday #64 - FAVORITE FAMILY FOTO!

OK... this one was EASY for me... my favorite photo of all time of my family complete and together was in July 2005. My mother (Nana), Morgan and Grant and I were in Guatemala together visiting our precious two month old baby, Sophia. She was SOOO tiny at just 8 pounds, much the same size as M & G when they were newborns! We were staying at the Marriott and they have the most beautiful outside courtyard with waterfall and tropical plants. We had some friends take some pictures of us together and I have this framed in my living room as my absolute FAVORITE family picture of all of my children together with me and my mom... three generations!

It actually brings tears to my eyes remembering all the feelings behind this moment... exhilaration at holding my precious baby yet realizing that I was going to have to do the most unnatural thing for a mother to do... leave my baby behind when we had to go back home. I was fortunate in that I was able to come back less than three months later to have her placed in my arms for forever. My heart aches thinking of all the parents out there who are still waiting for their precious children to be home for forever... that feeling is still so raw and so not in the best interest of the precious children waiting to be loved for forever. If you want to see another picture from this visit... go back to my FIRST FFF post ever... back in August 2007.

And... that does not even come close to the grief that I feel about children who will never have that moment... will never know the feeling of having their mommy hold them in her arms. We, as parents, have an obligation to those children left behind... no matter how small an effort we make... it does make a difference in the life of a child, whether it is one child or a whole orphanage of children. Please, in this upcoming season of miracles... please reach out, whether near or far, and help make the life of a child better because YOU cared for him/her.

Sorry, this post did not turn out quite like I intended... but this is something so near and dear to my heart and I just wanted to share it with the many who check in here weekly to give maybe just one person the nudge they need to BE THE CHANGE for one little life that is waiting... waiting to be loved.

OK... back to business. Here is Mr. Linky... LINK AWAY!! if you need directions, you can find them here. Please leave a comment that you were here! And please don't forget to title your post FFF.

**Many people are linking just their general blog address... this makes it very hard to come back after time to find your actual FFF post. Please be sure to link your actual post. There are also some blogs that comments cannot be left... I apologize to those that I cannot comment on their blog!



Next week's theme is "BLOWING KISSES". Post a picture of your favorite little kissy face! And, as always... you never have to adhere to the theme... it is just for fun and a little extra challenge! We love to visit you even when you post a different FFF!

post signature

35 comments:

Christina said...

It's a beautiful family picture Sarah! What joyous moment! Lots of prayers for the children out there still waiting for a moment like that.
Hugs,
Christina

Janet and Maya said...

A beautiful picture and beautiful sentiments......prayers and hugs to all the waiting families and children.

Prayers that the coming year bring monumental changes to the adoption process all over the world enacted by people who focus on the kids and finding them happy homes.

nora said...

Sarah, you must feel so proud and joyful and overwhelmed at times to have such a beautiful family! What a great moment (and everyone looking at the camera is reason enough to celebrate!).

We think and pray all the time for the children who are still waiting for families. Thanks for your work and reminders.

Enjoy your weekend.

Lisa said...

What a beautiful picture! Your post brought tears to my eyes! I have longed to adopt, but am not financially stable at this time. Some day, hopefully, God will lead me down that road.

Murph said...

So sweet!

Christina said...

Precious.

Becca said...

Sarah - Those faces keep me up at night. I can still feel Perla in my arms. I still think about Walfred/Garrison everyday. I am glad that God chose me to be called for this. And let me say how much I admire you. I think you are strong and passionate and GOOD. The world is better for you being here. We'll miss you this weekend.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Tricia said...

Girl, you summed it up PERFECTLY.

29 days, girl. Only 29 more days!

Heidi said...

How beautiful!

Rebekah said...

Love your Family Foto Sarah - you have such a beautiful family ... thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs from SNOWY MN!
Rebekah - Jaden - Baby#2 too

Kim & Dave said...

I can sooo relate to your feelings! One of the hardest things I have ever done was going to visit-knowing it would rip part of my heart out to leave after holding them in my arms!

On two adoptions.....but I would never change it. In spite of the pain of leaving them there. Soooo worth every tear shed-just to meet them, hold them & know that SOON-they would be mine forever!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Beautiful photo! I am happy you shared your thoughts on the many children left alone in Guatemala. I feel the same way.
Marlene

Anonymous said...

beautiful picture...I was so moved by your plea for help for these beautiful children. Adoption is no longer an option for us but we support a little girl through Compassion International and I am so floored by the absolute poverty that these kids experience. My prayers are with all the children of the world who have needs that go unmet.

Melinda said...

Sarah, your family pic is so sweet! I cherish our first family picture as well!

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to link just the FFF post. It won't let me click on the title. What am I doing wrong??? HELP!!

Melinda

Hannah said...

What a beautiful family picture. I agree with your thoughts completely I pray that the gates will open and they will let all the babies find loving homes!

Anonymous said...

So, we have always wanted to adopt (once we can catch our breath from the 3 we have) - we always thought it would be from China, but now I'm thinking maybe Guatemala!! (All your children are beautiful!)

I'm ready to get another Compassion child now, so again I'm thinking Guatemala! - AND I realized our church does mission trips there every year. I am so ready TO GO!! God Bless

Cindy said...

No wonder this is your favorite. It's beautiful.

Steph, Rod and Parkersito said...

What a beautiful picture of a wonderful moment!

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

Preious--you inspired me to do a way back when first visit trip and got me all nostalgic. Thanks for the trip down memory lane. And yes, my heart drops whenever I think of the "leaving." And, my heart breaks for all the children there and what has happened and I am going to do whatever I can this season to help.

Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy all your sweeties.

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
That is a amazingly beautiful pic..
I love it..

Love, Marci

Isabella's mom said...

Such nice memories Sarah to treasure for ever,
prayers for the ones left behind, that they can have a chance one day too

Young Creations said...

Hello Sarah,
I check in with you every week, just haven't done much blogging myself. I love the picture of the generations. Have a great weekend
Lauren

Anonymous said...

Sarah your FFF photo is amazing and perfect!!! How blessed we all are!!

Hugs,Leslie

Anonymous said...

What a great family picture! Pictures say a thousand words and you can see the joy, love and happiness in all of ya'lls faces!!!

Jane said...

Sweet photos and you expressed how I feel with beautiful words, too. I WILL go back there to work with Mayan Families someday...

Gail said...

Beautiful picture of the family!!
It is terrible that so many children will not know what it is like to be held by their forever family. We'll have to keep praying for changes to come.
Gail

Tracy said...

Such a lovely picture commemorating a very special moment!

Anonymous said...

Sarah- I'm sorry you had to fix my link! I always forget to click on the title and then copy, paste!
We live 9 miles from the beach...come on down!

Jane

Faithful Froggers said...

Oh, definitely one of my favorite pictures of your family. I can remember looking at that picture and dreaming about bringing Allie home. :) You have such a beautiful family and are so very blessed.

I am praying for all children who need a family. Such a great post.

Robyn said...

I remember the first time I saw this pic. I loved it then and I still love it now!! Your family is beautiful on the inside and outside!!

Anonymous said...

Sarah,
Thanks for fixing my linky. I cant even think straight lately..Seperation and so many issues at home right now..I feel empty most of the time, so thanks for saving me...

Love, Marci

Michelle Riggs said...

Wonderful picture. I love seeing pictures of families together for the first time.

I remember so well visiting Abby and then handing her back to her foster family. I will always be thankful for those precious "extra" moments with Abby, but it was so hard to leave when it was time.

Aileen said...

Your family is beautiful!
I second your seniments about those children left behind and am trying to find the best way for me to help a child or children in Guatemala.

Milk Mama said...

How beautiful!!! I need to start doing FFF again!!! :D

veggiemom said...

What a beautiful pic and post!