This week's FFF is my favorite photo from my trip... of Dayli with me at the shoe store in Panajachel. This was our second day together and she had really warmed up to me without being so shy. I so enjoyed holding her little hand in mine and giving her many kisses and hugs. Sharon (with Mayan Families) told each of the children that their sponsors were their Godmothers and that is the name that she called me. I was over the moon happy hearing her call me that.

Not long after this picture was taken, we had to say our goodbyes to each other. Dayli's mother told me that Dayli was "muy triste" (very sad) to say goodbye. Me too, sweet girl... me too.
Love and FROG!
Sarah
*****************************************************************************
Don't forget that if you would like to have your FFF linked here, please leave a comment and I will add you to the list of our FFF friends this week.
Steve, Amy, Ethan & Mia
Amy & Jonathan
Laurie, Mindy & Joe
Christina & Aiden
Heather, Kyle, Brandon, Devin, Jacob & Allie
Becky & Amaya
Sabra, Maya, Caleb & Sofia
Robyn & Gabriella
Holly, Zo, Gia & Nino
Kerri & Ruby
Sarah, Micah, Zech, Alec & Aidan
Marlene, Wyatt & Rylee
Tracy & Brenda
Lisa & Sophia
Stephanie & Maya
Becca & Ella


18 comments:
What a wonderful story! Can't wait to hear more about your trip! That picture is priceless!!
Sarah,
I can only imagine how this was a life changing experience...for the better of course. This picture brought a tear to my eye. I'm so glad you enjoyed the trip and it was sooooo worth while for you. I'm sure saying Goodbye was most difficult. What an awesome and admiral thing to do.
Blessings as you settle back down from a powerful weekend. I'm sure as you lay your head on your pillow at night Little Dayli is one of the last pictures you have in your head.
Love and Hugs.....
Hi, Sarah!
I can't wait to hear all about your trip. It sounds just incredible.
I have an fff today, so feel free to add me!
Laurie (Mindy, Joe, and Kari)
Can't wait to hear about your trip and the time you got to spend with your beautiful little Dayli.
Our FFF is posted.
I missed you - wish we could meet for coffee and you could tell me all about it! You were in my prayers! It changes you - does it not??
Julia:)
Welcome Home, my friend!
I have been following your journey to Guatemala and was so touched by those sweet faces. I can't wait to hear all about your trip! I'm sure it is something you will always remember and cherish. Dayli is just beautiful! You are certainly sharing God's love in an amazing way!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Love & FROG,
Heather
What an beautiful picture and an amzing experience for you to travel to Guatemala and meet this precious little girl. I look forward to hearing more about your trip.
Hey Sarah!
So glad you are home safe and sound!! I love the picture of you and your little Dayli!! I have enjoyed seeing all the pictures from the trip! I am going to start saving right away so I can go on the trip with you all next year!!! :O)
I just finished adding my FFF, so link me!!
Sabra
I love the pic and your dedication to MF. I met Sharon at my embassy appt with Ruby and I can't wait to go and see their work firthand.
Kerri and Ruby
Wow Sarah! Welcome home!!
What a beautiful favorite photo of you and sweet Dayli!! How gorgeous you are. :)
I can't wait to read through your journals of your amazing trip, I can't get through much without tearing up...what a life-changing trip that must have been for you.
I love so many of the pictures that you posted. :)
Thanks for sharing with all of us such a special part of your life.
I too can not wait to hear more. It sounds like you all had such a great time!
Hi again, havent posted much for a few weeks, but been doing FFF. Your picture and story is lovely!
Sarah,
oh, what a great photo. I can not wait to read more about your mission trip. I have been praying about going on a mission trip to Guatemala next November.
Would you please email and tell me who you travel through for your mission trip?
Thank you.
gretajoann@hotmail.com
I love that picture of you with your sponsored child. What an amazing opportunity for you to be able to meet her! I look forward to hearing more about your trip!
Sarah I love your FFF. I have been so eager to hear about your trip. I am so excited that it was a success and you got the chance to meet such a beautiful little girl. I have been working all day on my FFF and blogger is giving me one problem after another. I'll try to get it up before the end of the day. LOL
Welcome back!!! That is a great picture of the two of you together. I can't wait to hear more about your trip.
Sharon
What a beautiful pic!! I am so glad you had a wonderful trip!!
Robyn
I'm glad your trip went well. I am very interested in traveling back to Guat on a mission trip soon. If ever you need a hand with anything let me know! And please add us to your FFF list. I didn't do one this week due to "the funk" but have posted a couple things...
Dayli is beautiful.
Post a Comment