Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Wordless Wednesday!



OK... not so wordless as I have to explain... she fell out of bed last Thursday night (wriggled down past the bedrail and fell 3+ feet) and told me all weekend that her arm hurt but she was able to move it just fine and pick up light objects. She just could not use it to support her own weight when sitting or climbing. Her Dora bandaid seemed to help for most of the "pain" (she obviously has a high tolerance). Finally took her into the orthopedic on Monday and she has a Distal Radial fracture... don't worry... the mommy guilt is WAY set in!!

So, we get to enjoy this pretty lime green cast for 3 weeks! She will have it on for her 4th birthday! Poor little delicate Bug! But look at that winning smile! She is such a trooper and dedicated Dora Dance Mat dancer!

post signature

18 comments:

howie mama said...

The mom guilt must be killing you!lol. I can only imagine the thoughts that went through your head when the doctor told you it was broken!!Don't be too hard on yourself =*)

Tracy said...

Hope she isnt going for every colour of the rainbow! Good luck, and dont feel too guilty, we all do things like that!

Robyn said...

Poor Sophie~Bug and poor Mommy!! Hope she has a very fast recovery!!

Melinda said...

Wow! Who knew falling 3 feet could fracture an arm?! Don't be too hard on yourself. These little latin beauties are tough!! Praying for a speedy recovery!

Melinda

PS-she's just as beautiful as ever with that lime green cast!

Our Family of 5 said...

Sophie bug is beautiful even with her green cast! Don't feel too guilty. Remember, we did the same thing with our Sophia! But we woke up and her whole arm was swollen from her shoulder down. Talk about Mommy Guilt. I was feeling like a total LOSER!

Rebecca Jo said...

Oh - dont feel guilty! If she was moving along & not complaining - how would you know? I'm amazed that she wasnt screaming... I know I would have been :o)

Love the cool color of casts they have now!

Vanessa said...

Sending wishes of a sepddy recovery to Bug!!

veggiemom said...

Poor Sophie Bug!!! At least the cast looks super cool!

Anonymous said...

Poor bug she has had a bad year with boo boos!!! My son brad has too!!! Bless her heart she is a beauty and green is her color!

hugs,leslie

snekcip said...

Well Bug, we are gonna have you fitted w/bumper pads (LOL)! Guess what though, your even MORE beautiful bandaged!!!

Laurie said...

Poor little Bug! I love your choice of lime green tho. Hope you healed and back to normal very soon! Big hugs!

Megan said...

Poor baby. That is my fear with Lily and her new BIG big girl bed. I hope too that she is back to full force very soon!

Do you remember that commercial where the kid kept running into/falling off of things? The Mom would say 'it will be a miricle if he makes to 5' That is how I feel DAILY! Don't let the Momma guilt get you... :-)

Katrina said...

Don't feel bad...I fell off the bed when I was two and broke collar bone. My mom didn't realize it for three weeks. I only complained when I raised my arms to get dressed or undressed.

Love the lime green cast!!

Bethany said...

Wow, what a trooper she is!!! I love the lime green cast ;)

Anonymous said...

Poor baby!!! I have to agree with the rest...love the green cast!

Anonymous said...

So sweet..Sorry to hear about BUGS injury, it happens though. Our oldest just got hit in the face with a baseball, split lip and BIG bruise on chin area, and she is a GIRL!!!! (((HUGS))) Love, marci

happymomof4 said...

Oh so sorry to hear that! She is absolutely beautiful lime green cast and all! LOVE her gorgeous smile:)

Dawn said...

Ackkk!!! Poor kiddo! The bright green cast is a keeper though! :)
dawn