Saturday, February 21, 2009

Saturday Afternoon Cuteness

I swear, she gets cuter and cuter every single day! This age is so much fun and I find myself smiling just watching and listening to everything she does lately! Today, we went to lunch at our favorite little Mexican restaurant (The Q) and then I took, Morgan, our Argentine exchange student, Ape (pronounced Op-pay) and Bug out for manicures and a little shopping. When we got home, the big girls went back out and we had a little impromptu dance and photo session in the kitchen of all places! She and I were cracking up and in hysterics at all the little things she thought of for poses (all without me asking)! Thought I would share a few here since I have been a lousy blogger lately.


February 2009 035-1

February 2009 040-1

A little "Flashdance" action...

February 2009 023

February 2009 052

I love the reflection in her eyes in this one... I don't even remember what she was saying, but she was cracking me up!

February 2009 061

There's that smile!

February 2009 047-1

I just love her little profile, even with her telling me something that has her lips all puckered. Very kissable!

February 2009 046


I have been wanting to try out some Photo editing software, like Photoshop Elements, but really do like using the free Picasa. The first picture I edited with their warmify function and then of course, the black and white option. I almost always sharpen all my pictures. And, today, I figured out how to get rid of the M&M bribery remains by her lip... you can see it in the first picture and then below with it wiped away.

February 2009 035-3

Any recommendations of what you like to use? I am still mostly using the Auto on my camera... why am I too scared to move to manual? That is my New Years resolution this year if you remember... to work on edging out of my comfort zone. I am looking forward to warmer weather when we can go outside for natural light in addition to the days being longer.

I am going to try and post some more pictures from Guatemala soon... as soon as I quit procrastinating on my taxes - LOL!

post signature

18 comments:

Brent Riggs said...

What great pics! Of course I have an affinity for beautiful daughters since I have three of my own!

Brent (Abby's Dad)
www.riggsfamilyblog.com

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

If you move it to manual you will be able to take them in black/white...sepia, old tyme, etc. I am not sure what kind of camera you are using, but this is how my manual works. I also use it for outdoor use when I don't need the flash so much! I love it!!! Another great site to edit photos in is www.picnik.com . You can use the free version, but you can upgrade to 24.99 for the year and you get MANY more options...adding wording, etc. I really like it!! Have fun playing around with the camera!!

Heidi said...

I love using Photoshop Elements. I actually went to a photography workshop today and learned so many fun things. I too am scared to move into the manual settings but I'm going for it! Good luck, your pictures look great! It helps having such a gorgeous subject, of course.

Lilysmom said...

Oh I am pining for a fancy new camera! Sophia is absolutely beautiful as always. Love her creativity. glad it takes m&m's for you too :) Gotta love those delectable little treats.

Anonymous said...

Muy linda!!

I just use picassa!!

Hugs,leslie

Jaime said...

I use Picasa, but have never used any of it's software! I need to try it. What type of camera do you have? I love my Nikon D80- still have SO much to learn!

Mama Bear said...

OMGOSH she is just way toooo cute and I tooo just love this age and the things they come out with or express.

ANDREEA said...

Yeah,she gets cuter every day.I love her!!!You are sooo lucky!!:)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. She is the most beautiful model.

I just bought the photoshop elements for my valentine's present from my husband to me :) I haven't installed it yet, but your photos have inspired me to do so when I have time this week.

snekcip said...

I have a camera I'm still trying to figure out!! The instruction booklet OVERWHELMS me, so I just shoot in AUTO all the time. I wanted a BETTER CAMERA and now that I have one, IT INTIMIDATES ME!!!I'm really looking for a photography class to try and figure out the different functions of my camera! I LOVE TAKING MY LITTLE ONE'S PICTURES! I will have to try PICASA, I'm still "new at this" and I'm still learning! I love your pictures of "BUG" She is just too precious!!

Melinda said...

Great photos! Sophie is such a little beauty...and a great little model! You should try to shoot out of Manual. Try Aperture Priority mode to begin with. You set your own aperture (the lower the number the more blurry the background will be, the higher the number the more in focus your whole picture will be.) and the camera does the rest! Just take it one step at a time.

I've used Elements for a year now and have loved it! I just upgraded to Photoshop and it'll take me the rest of my life to learn it! Just use what you're most comfortable with!

Your pictures are just darling! Have a great week!

Melinda

Alleen said...

I have been using P mode which is really not much more than auto. I really, really, really need to take a class since I don't understand any of it.

I'm impressed you get such great photos with just auto mode!

I will need to check out Picasa.

She is the cutest model, that's for sure!

Unknown said...

She is such a beautiful little girl. Where do you get her bows ad her outfits out. They are so cut on her.

nikki said...

Wow she is just the perfect little model!!!!
I need to do more with picasa, I just don't take the time.

Jenelle said...

Great post title--very appropriate! :) I need to learn more about my camera and software, too. I have too many projects. Oh, well. At least I'm not bored. lol
Oh, grr... I need to do my taxes, too.

3 Peanuts said...

These are beautiful!!! I am trying out lightroom for free. it is pretty easy but I liked Picassa too:)

Kim

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

She is growing more beautiful by the day!

S said...

Taxes are fun...though I probably won't still be saying that come April 15th! ;)

I have Photoshop and I really like it, but I rarely have enough time anymore to actually use it. Most of my pictures lately are taken as is with the automatic setting. Sad when I have such a nice camera. Sophie is so adorable that I'm not sure she needs editing software :) You couldn't find a more beautiful, perfect little girl!

I've been horrible about visiting and signing blogs, but I still think of you and sweet Sophie often on Fridays. I hope things are going well!