
This week's FFF is "Daddy (or other significant male role model) and Me". Sophie has been working through some of these questions lately since, as most of you know, I am a single mom. On Father's Day, she questioned me about Sissy and Grant's Daddy and then told me that "Mommy's Daddy is my Papa". She is becoming so much more aware of the world around her and the people that are in it.
She is blessed with some wonderful men in her life... her wonderful Godfather, Uncle Gilly, who she ADORES! Then there is my father, aka Papa, but she does not get to see very often. My mother's husband, Jeff, thinks Bug hangs the moon and she enjoys this very strange ritual of rubbing heads with him when they are together (not sure about that one).
BUT, the ONE most influential male role model in her life is her big brother, Grant. She loves her "brudder" and I think she pretty much melts him into a puddle as well. He loves it when she runs into his arms and gives him a big hug or even just crawls up into his lap to read a book or watch tv. They also love to pester the heck out of each other, which is incredulous to me as they are 10 years apart. He knows just how to push her buttons to make her squeal an indignant "Leave Me Alone" ear piercing scream... LOL! But, for the most part... he is the one who she will rely on to grill those boyfriends when they come by for those first dates, he has been the one to take her into the big pool, down the big twisty slide, in the inflatable jumper, etc. Grant is her idol... here are a few pictures of their evolving love-fest:
The first time he held her... she was 10 weeks old.
Helping her stand...

He was the only one she would allow to take her in the water in Destin...
I love this picture...
Even sat on EB's lap with her...
Yeah... he's a tough guy and she loves him...
Even went sledding on 1/4 inch of snow!!
In Cancun...
And this past Spring Break on the beach...
Grant has a big role to play in her life... he just may be the man who walks her down the aisle someday... and I don't think she would want anybody else!!
Now... for the MR LINKY FFF LINKING DIRECTIONS!! Go to your blog and click on the title of your FFF post - your post URL will appear in the address bar in your browser and it will contain the exact link to your post! Simply highlight the address, right click, choose copy and then paste it in the "URL" spot in the Mister Linky - just under where you put your name (you can put your name and the name of your child/ren in the picture). Don't forget to click the "Enter" button and voila... you are linked!
It is important that you are linking just your post and not just your blog web address so everybody can link directly to your FFF post!!
Next week's theme is "SUMMER LOVIN"!! You can define that however you want!!!


46 comments:
I remember that first picture like it was yesterday!! I was already sappy posting my FFF and now this....
Grant is such a handsome little man...Sophie is so lucky to have such a great big brother.
I may call you this week.
I'm sure she couldn't have a more perfect man in her life than her big brother!! He looks like he adores her and she him as well!
HUGS
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com
P.S. I'm going on another mission trip this fall as well and I'd love to hear more about your journey sometime!! Please email me
vbayouangel@aol.com
OK girl I finally REMEMBERED ITS FRIDAY...I am so PROUD of myself for getting it together this week and this Mr Linky thing is AWESOME...so any who...Love the pics of BUG and Grant together...I just love that GRANT and I can't think of anyone better to walk Miss Bug down the Isle someday. Would you mind shooting me an email with your phone number I want to call you about the Beach you all go too...HUgs
Sophie is lucky to have such a wonderful big bro. You can see the love.
Such a sweet post!!! (& wonderful pics!)
Sarah
Those pictures are great, you son looks like he takes good care of
his little sister!
Happy Friday
the flores family(Maria)
Grant is just about the best kid I have ever met!
Peace and Hugs,
Becca
How sweet!!! Grant is a great big brother!!!
LOVE
How lucky you are to get to see your children enjoy each other so much.
The pics of them together are beautiful.
Kerri and Ruby
Oh, man, this one made me cry! How wonderful that they have such a close relationship. . . and what a blessing they are to each other :)
I have never met Grant in person but I have to tell ya Sarah, I am so proud of him for stepping up and being the man in Sophie Bug's life!!
Oh Sarah... Those were beautiful...
Hugs
Ellie
It's so great seeing the growth via photos! I hope they will treasure their relationship always...
GOOOOOOO Grant! He is the best!
AWESOME post about Grant and Sophie. Grant way to go buddy for stepping up and being the "man of the house".
Hey Sarah this is my first time doing FFF I hope I did it right! Grant and Sophie are so CUTE! My brother is 8yrs older than me and I remember thinking the world of him. Great pics of them!
What precious pics!! Grant is such a wonderful big brother!!
Robyn
I LOVE the pictures. Sophie is very blessed to have such a loving big brother. Have a great weekend!
Katie :)
I had no idea you were a single mommy too. You inspired me to post this week. I think little Bug is so lucky to have Grant as a big brother. He is just AWESOME!
Okay, that is the sweetest post and made me cry!!! What a special, wonderful relationship. I think it is PERFECT and so, so very sweet. They are BOTH so lucky to have each other. I just love the pictures. Have a wonderful weekend.
Mindy, Walker & Hadlee
This is so touching and sweet. What a special relationship they have that will last a lifetime! Truly beautiful! I got goose bumps reading your post.
I love the look of love on your Sons face when he's holding his sister..My boys are the same way!
Your Prince will come its just not always as fast as we'd like it to..LOL
Love the pics!
Leslie
Sarah,
It's been a LONG time since I've posted with you guys.. I've MISSED YOU! =-) (FFF is one of my FAVORITE memes)
I LOVE the picture of your little beauty with Grant. They're so SWEET together. (Our boys melt over baby girls too - I LOVE IT!)
I've got my "FFF" post up... Have a GREAT weekend!
Great pictures! Sophie is lucky to have such a wonderful big brother.
She has the perfect man! what a great brudder!
Love your blog! This is my first visit and linking to your FFF. I'm excited to peek at everyone elses pics :O) Tracie
I love the pictures of Sophie and Grant! What a special relationship those two have!
What a lucky little girl to have such an amazing big brother. And it looks like Grant doesn't mind to much about having a baby sister :)
Too cute!!!
Have a great weekend!!
Stacey
Grant is such a sweetie!
I only hope that someday Wyatt will be as sweet to his little sister. With Rylee, she already adores him.
Some photos you have a sense of what kind of person someone is.
I can tell that Grant is a sweetie and has a big heart.
I always love reading your posts! You're son is an amazing role model for your daughter! I know my daughter just loves her big brother, too! Thanks for sharing your pictures!
What a wonderful post. Grant and Sophie are so lucky to have each other. Thank you again for hosting FFF. It's so enjoyable and through you, you have brought so many of us together.
Have a great weekend!
Aww, they love each other so much, so sweet!
What a sweet post. Your son seems like a wonderful big brother and seems to have such a special bond with Sophie.
I have two big brothers and they were my male role models after by dad passed away when I was 10. They still are two of the people I love most in this world. I understand how special the big brother little sister relationship is.
Hannah
PS Now I feel like I should go call my big brother!!
Sophie and Morgan are very lucky to have a brother. Brother /Sister relationships can be very special. It's awesome to see their relationship, these memories will last a lifetime. Keep up the great brother role Grant, you are very special indeed!
Love the pix and their relationship is awesome!!! Grant is a great big brother and she is lucky to have him!!!
I can tell how much they love each other! What a great relationship. Awesome pictures! I loved seeing them grow together. The last picture is my favorite. Have a great weekend!
I just love the pictures of Grant and Sophie together. It looks like they both just adore eachother. I can't get over how grownup Grant looks in the most recent pics!!
What an awesome big brother. You can just tell Sophie loves him dearly. I hope to have a sibling for Madeline someday too.
Have a great weekend!
Lisa & Madeline
Grant looks like a wonderful role model...Those pictures are just so sweet.
What an amazing big brother!
How blessed Sophie is to have such an awesome big brother. Those pictures are great!!! I know you are one proud Mama!!
Sharon
THANK YOU for coming up with these ideas. Brothers are so amazing, Sophie is a lucky girl!
What an incredible big brother Sophie has! He is definitely taking care of her and she obviously adores him. I love all of the pictures, but the first one is my favorite...
Very sweet pictures. It is so special to see a brother and sister who obviously move each other so much (and are cute too!) Thanks for putting together FFF. I think you asked for suggestions. Some of my thoughts are... siblings (of course you just covered that :-), silliness, gotta dance, one shot that shows their personality, favorie fun at home, animals, and all dressed up. You may have donesome of these alreay. I am trying to catch up on all these great blogs! Thanks for letting me be a part.
Sarah this post made me get tears because it's SO sweet!!!! They're so precious together!
hi, i love the pics and the relationship, i think it is just wonderful to have a big brother
Jill
Post a Comment