Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Happy Sweet 16 Morgan!!

Sixteen years ago today at 6:50 am, the most amazing miracle happened to me... my beautiful daughter, Catherine Morgan, was born weighing 7 pounds 14 ounces.



My dream came true... I was a MOM!!


She was very tolerant of all those big firsts... first bath, included.


She made us a family! Here she is being held by my youngest brother, Cooper, and sitting next to her proud Papa (my dad)!


The absolute sunshine in my life!


I got to enjoy all those "firsts" every day through her eyes and I loved every minute of it!


She was the happiest baby!


And broke many hearts, even before turning one!!


Even put up with some crazy homemade costumes! Love my Morgan Cow!


But turn ONE, she did, and much too quickly!


She had us wrapped around her little finger!


She existed on pasta, pasta, some veggies, fruit and more pasta!


And made the cutest little sad Bumblebee ever (it was SOOO cold that Halloween)!


TWO came even quicker... she was so wise beyond her years and talked up a storm!


She had the most fun imagination!


And was a princess in every sense of the word!


Then... little brother, Grant, came along. She loved to make him smile and be a little mother!


And turned into a little girl before our eyes.


And what amazing eyes... we loved to just drown in those pools of blue heaven...


More birthdays came and went...


In my eyes... she was purrr-fect!


She and her brother still loved to be around each other (most of the time)


We always had pets... she still LOVES animals! This was HER first hamster.


Those first days of school... how did she ever get so big, I thought?


Uncle Kent came home from Hawaii to visit... the kids love him!


Alas, the days of wearing bows in her hair started to not be so cool...


She was a school girl now (I just loved seeing her go off in her little uniform).


Soon, it was time for her First Communion.


Vacations to the beach... still seeing the love...


My beautiful girl...


And her ever growing compassion...


And beauty...


And she learned to tolerate her brother...




A little more or less each year..


She was a beautiful dancer and danced three years in the Nutcracker ballet!


Still a monkey!


And her dream of a baby sister came true...


Still dressing up for Halloween...


A full fledged teenager and as beautiful as ever!


She made her Confirmation.


Graduated from grade school! Holy cow... she is off to High School!


Loves her little sister, who adores her right back.


Teaches her a thing or two about volleyball... did I mention she is a talented athlete?


Still loves animals... loved llamas this year due to Napoleon Dynamite...


And unbelievably grew more beautiful each time I looked at her...


She changed into a young woman right before my eyes!


Experienced first love with a sweet young man with such grace and maturity.


Loved her some baby sister and taught her many ways to have fun!


She is a very mature young lady.


But can definitely get crazy! Boy, does she have some personality!


I am so proud of how hard she works as an athlete... it comes so natural to her.


And, she has an amazing group of friends... some from as far back as preschool!


Beautiful girls!


Happy Sweet 16, Morgan! I love you all the way to the moon and back again!




post signature

50 comments:

Marianne said...

Happy Birthday Morgan. May you enjoy your day and have many, many more to come. Happy sweet 16! You are a beautiful young lady!

Enjoy your day!

The Johnson Family

Kim said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!!!

What a great photo montage - loved seeing her grow up in your pictures.

Hannah said...

Happy birthday Morgan! What a sweet post, Morgan is lucky to have such a loving mom.

Morgan has amazing eyes, they are just beautiful!!

Hannah

Rachel said...

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful girl! Happy Birthday Morgan.

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday, Morgan!

I cannot believe how much she looks the SAME in all of the pictures! So beautiful :)

Anonymous said...

Sarah, that is SO SWEET!! I love all of the pics, brought some tears to my eyes this morning. She is such a beauty. Happy Birthday Morgan!

Anonymous said...

Whoops! That last "anonymous" was from me-- Kathi (Brody's mom)

JuJu - said...

What a beautiful tribute by an incredible Momma to a wonderful young lady:)

Happy Birthday Morgan
sisteen - WOW - but stuff;)

What a perfect little baby that grew into an amazing young lady:)

enjoy your special day!

love

The McKenzie Crew

Christina said...

Happy Sweet 16 Morgan!!!

What a beautiful post to her Sarah.

Mandy said...

What a special post for your daughter! I hope she has a wonderful day!

Lisa and Madeline said...

Happy sweet 16 Morgan. What a cool montage of photos your mother did. Hope you have a wonderful birthday!

Lisa & Madeline

Ellie said...

WOW... Happy BIrthday Morgan...

Your momma is right... From a little acorn, to a beautiful tree, and still growning...

Sarah~ You have a wonderful and beautiful daughter, with a great personality, and lots of talent! I am so happy for you~

Hugs
Ellie

Mandy said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!!! :)


BEAUTIFUL pictures!! I just love all the customes you made for her! They grow up much too fast.

veggiemom said...

Happy sweet 16, Morgan!
Kerri and Ruby

Young Creations said...

Happy Birthday Beautiful Girl!!! I hope you enjoy every single minute.
And to your proud mom:CONGRATULATIONS
Lauren

Amy S. said...

Sarah,
I had a tear in my eye as I was scrolling down.
What a awesome post! You should be most proud. Morgan is beautiful.
Happy 16th Birthday Morgan!...
May you have many more Happy Birthdays as you grow more beautiful each year.

Love and Hugs...

Faithful Froggers said...

Happy Sweet 16, Morgan!!

Sarah,

WOW! Thank you so much for sharing all those pictures. Morgan is such a beautiful girl - inside and out! I hope her day is very special - although it is always bittersweet for us Moms! :)

I have to admit that I fear the teenage years - but Morgan gives me HOPE! :)

I caught up on all of your posts last night. I am so sorry about Sophie's accident! My guys were with me last night while I was on the computer and they said that looking at her picture made their face hurt! :) Mine, too! I hope she is feeling better. I can only imagine how scary that was. Praying for quick healing and no scarring! But Sophie's face is beautiful - no matter what!

I was so sad to hear about Maria Chapman. Thank you for sharing her memorial video. It was quite hard to watch because we have a very similar video of Jacob - done to the same song. I am definitely praying for the Chapman Family. They are such a special family . . . and although I know they grieve with HOPE - it still hurts so very much.

Okay, now that I've written you a small novel - I better go! Hope you all have a wonderful week celebrating the life of your beautiful daughter!

Love & FROG . . .

Rhonda said...

What a beautiful birthday tribute to a beautiful girl, inside and out! Happy Birthday, Morgan!

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday Morgan! I hope you have a great day! I hope tha you have a wonderful year!

Shannon
Mother to Jack and Palmer...almost 3 year olds 05/31/2005

Colleen said...

What a lovely post! Morgan was a adorable kid who has grown in to a lovely young woman. Thanks for all the great photos.

Happy 16th Birthday Morgan!

Debbie said...

Happy 16th Morgan!! You can tell you are loved!!!!!

Debbie

Robyn said...

What gorgeous pics!! Morgan was a beautiful child and she has grown into a beautiful young woman!! Happy Sweet 16 Morgan!!

Robyn

P.S. Sarah, you have not aged at all in the last 16 years. You look just as young now as you did back then. I hope I age that well. :)

Rachel said...

HaPpY HaPpY BiRtHdAy MoRgAn!

Alleen said...

Oh my goodness gracious!!!! Awesome post! Happpy birthday Morgan!!

Amy S. said...

Hi Again..

I had to come back a second time. It's funny how much more you see when you view them a second time. I enjoyed all of them so much...and you haven't changed at all...and what a cutie Grant was when he was little..he still is of course..but he was so very cute as al little boy. You sure have been blessed!

Love and Hugs..

Anonymous said...

HI Morgan!!
Happy birthday!! I can't believe your already Old enough to drive!!WE LOVE YOU HAPPY B-DAY!!


The Maslin family!

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Morgan! Your mom is right - you are a beautiful young lady! Enjpy your special day! I hope it is the start of the best year ever!

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Happy Birthday Morgan!
All the photos were great.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Morgan! Morgan is gorgeous and I loved seeing her pictures through the years! Her eyes are so blue! Very sweet pictures and touching birthday post!

Timberly

Vanessa said...

Happy Sweet 16 Morgan!! I'm sure you'l be breaking LOTS of hearts before you're even the big 2 1!! Sarah I'm sure you're very proud of your beautiful young woman!!
Vanessa
www.mommyslilblessings.blogspot.com

MLP said...

WOW! What a wonderful post! Morgan is beautiful in so many, many ways. Happy Birthday to your 16 year old!!!

Mindy

Jennifer said...

A beautiful post for a beautiful girl! Happy Birthday Morgan...ENJOY!!!! It passes too fast!

Jenelle said...

Her eyes are so beautiful! What a pretty blue. Amazing post-I love how you documented Morgan's life. It brought tears to my eyes though, thinking how fast my little guy will grow up. I hope Morgan had an awesome birthday!

Milk Mama said...

Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter, Catherine Morgan! (what a beautiful name!)
I loved reading through, looking at the photos, reading about the love of a mother for her daughter. Some day my daughter and I will have a loving emotional relationship, it will be wonderful! Happy birthday! Morgan is a beautiful young lady!
I also loved looking at her 1st Communion & Confirmation photos. I'm protestant so won't have those ceremonies, but I respect and admire them. Beautiful photos!!!

Sarah said...

Wow .. your post has me crying!! What a beautiful montage .. you should make a book with that...

Looks like you have done an awesome job too - raising an incredible daughter..

Happy Birthday to Morgan .. always know how special your mom is!
Sarah (mom to 7 yr old Scott)

Rebekah said...

Happy Sweet 16 Morgan ... Sarah - what a beautiful post especially for your beautiful Morgan ... you are so right to be so proud of her ... Hope her day was wonderful ... have a great rest of the week!

Rebekah, Jaden & Baby#2 TOO!

Dena said...

Happy Happy Birthday - you have been beautiful from day one!!!

threehandprints said...

Happy Belated Birthday Morgan! (I'm only 3 days and a few years older~haha!) What a beautiful job you did Sarah on this post :) I need to try to do that when it's my boys' birthday.

Do you recommend where you stayed when you vacationed in Destin? We are thinking of going this year but haven't been to those beaches in 7 years!
Thanks, Jolene

Janet said...

Wow - what a great photo journey you put together! GREAT entry! Happy 16th, Morgan!

Dawn said...

Happy 16th birthday to one precious girl!

Thanks for "sharing" here with us mom. :)

d

Dawn said...

Whoops! I meant to say "thanks for sharing HER", but thanks also for sharing HERE. Love you Sarah!
d:)

Anonymous said...

hAPPY bIRTHDAY mORGAN!!!!!

I found out today my cousin drives the school bus that Grant rides. What a crazy bunch of kids he is with!

Becca said...

Sarah,

This is my favorite post! Wow - I can see all of the hard work, love and dedication to your three children. New Moms like me look up to Veteran Moms like you! When are you going to write a mommy handbook for me?? Morgan is so beautiful, as is Grant and Sophie. You are so very, very blessed.

Peace and Hugs to ALL of You,
Becca

Kathy said...

Happy 16th Birthday to Morgan! She was a beautiful baby and has blossomed into a beautiful young lady! Such a sweet post!

One Busy Momma said...

Happy Sweet 16!!!!!!!!!

Denise

Jamie said...

Beautiful post. I love those blue eyes, and those great Halloween costumes.

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MORGAN!!!!!! I cried reading your sweet summary of the last 16 years with beautiful Morgan. It just goes by too fast.

Beth said...

What amazing eyes! She's a beautiful girl!

Beth
isabellafaye.blogspot.com

Sue said...

Happy Sweet 16 Morgan!!!
Sarah that is something we have in common; my youngest daughter is Morgan and she turned 17 on
May 5th. The pictures and story of love about your precious daughter is just beautiful; thank you for sharing.

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

What a beautiful tribute to your oldest child. What nice memories. I am sure it feels like yesterday. Time goes by in a flash. I know our little ones are going to grow up so fast.

Enjoy her special day! Happy birthday Morgan!