Friday, February 22, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday #28 - THEN AND NOW

Still battling the flu bug but getting better! Thanks for all your get well wishes!! I haven't visited very many of my "friends" this week but hope to catch up soon!

This week's FFF is one of my favorite things I always love to see... what our children looked like the first time we ever saw their sweet little faces and what they look like now!

Here is Sophie's referral picture... she was 8 days old. We thought she looked like a little monkey and had her little "thinker" pose going on.



Here she is this week with her Valentines books she received from "D"!



What do you think? Does it even look like the same baby? Of course, I know it is... but wow! They certainly do change very quickly!

We have had several new additions to our FFF group recently, so just a reminder that if you would like me to link your FFF, please leave a comment and I will do the rest! Feel free to do the FFF Challenge or just post your FFF for the week! We are not picky, we just love checking in to see your picture of the week!!

Jennisa, Olivia & Avery
Mandy & Jadon
Rachel and her angels
Rachel, Max, Makan, Madison & Makensie
Kerri & Ruby
Sabra, Hannah, Maya, Caleb & Sofia
Becky, Juliana & Amaya
Carrie & Savannah
Stephanie & Maya
Christina & Aiden
Robyn & Gabriella
Kelli & Bella
Sarah, Alec, Zech & Aidan
Amy & Jonathan
Christy, H, L & G
Tonya, Brent & Zach
Kelli & Kaleb
Kathy & John - First FFF!
Lou & Anne Pearce - Private - if you want to view her blog, leave me a comment and I will forward to Lou for an invitation
Lisa & Madeline
Megan & Mackenzie
Heather, Kyle, Brandon, Devin, Jacob & Allie
Misty & Lyza - First FFF!
Amy, Samantha, Jeffrey, Kayla & Nathan - First FFF!
Soltana, Derek & Cerah
Marianne, Finley & Chloe
Cobe, Jenne & Isaac
Kelly, Kollin, Karly, Karaline, Karson & Kemry
Dena & Allie - First FFF!
Sharon & AnnaMaria
Jennifer, F, K & M
Debbie & Heidy
Alleen & Gabriella
Holly, Gia & Nino
Katie, Arianna & Brayden
Ellie & Angelo
Katie, Madeleine & Audrey
Jamie, Jalyn & Justice
Kelly & Skylar
Kelly & Joshua - First FFF!
Tracy & Brenda
Corey & Sarah
Jill & Mario
Kelly, Craig & Courtney
Jennifer, Elena & Brandon
Kerry & Cameron - First FFF!
Victoria & Braydon - First FFF!

WOW! This was the biggest FFF ever! It was hard to keep up with everybody! I LOVE SEEING ALL THOSE SWEET FACES!!


post signature

52 comments:

snekcip said...

I agree they do change in the course of a year!! I love your FFF, one day I hope to add my own FFF! Sophie is just adorable then and now!!!

Jennisa said...

She is adorable! Mine is up! I remembered! :)

Mandy said...

Great idea for a FFF theme! Sophie is adorable. Her hair is getting so long, I love it!

We have the same Dora book, we've read it so much this month I'm tempted to hid it until next Feb. Oh we used to have that same Elmo book too, I think I hid that one last year and have yet to find it again.;)

Mandy said...

oh man I'm slow tonight, I forgot to add I have mine posted!!

Rachel said...

Precious pictures. She sure has changed alot. She is such a beautiful little girl. I just posted my FFF. Please link me!

Rachel said...

Great theme Sarah! Ours is up! Glad you are feeling better. r

veggiemom said...

Oh the changes! If I hadn't already posted mine, I'd follow your lead. Maybe I'll do that next week. I love looking back.
Kerri and Ruby

Bus and Sabra said...

Hey Sarah! It was fun looking back this week! Sophie was such a beautiful baby, and now, an even more stunning little girl!! She has a beautiful smile, that I am sure melts her Mommy's heart!! I have posted my FFF! Have a great Friday-hope you are feeling better!!
Sabra

Becky said...

Love this theme - our babies sure do change so much AND so quickly...
Our NOW & THEN FFF is posted as well!

Anonymous said...

Great theme idea!
I can't believe how much Sophie has changed...what a beautiful little girl!!
Mine is up too!
steph and maya

Christina said...

Where does the time go....it seems like just yesterday we were looking at our first picture of our little guy.
Sophie is soo beautiful.
Ours is up too.

Robyn said...

I just love "then and now" pics!! Sophie~Bug was beautiful then and she's beautiful now!! Hope you are feeling better!!

Robyn

P.S. Gabriella is sitting here with me and when she saw Sophie's pic she said, "Sosee", and got a big smile on her face. I think she misses her and wants to see her soon!! :)

Lori said...

I don't see a huge resemblance between the two pictures other than she's incredibly beautiful and so sweet in both. :)

kcandone said...

Ok, I posted my photos! Thanks again for allowing me to be a part of this!

S said...

Ours are up. Don't they grow too fast?! Sophie was just as adorable then as she is now. I can't imagine how exciting that very first picture must have been for you :)

Amy S. said...

Sarah,
She is so sweet and sooooo cute. I bet you have such fun dressing her each day. She looks so cute in whatever she is wearing. Every color looks good on her. Im looking forward to seeing her in her spring and summer dresses. I have such an obsession for little girl dresses. They look so cute in them when they are Sophie's age. I know you must remember from Morgan being that age. You haven't shared any pictures of Morgan and Grant lately. I hope they are doing well.

Love and Hugs....

Mom Of 3 said...

We had the nasty stomach bug this week as well. I hope you get better soon!
I got my pictures up early today!

Tonya said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you're been hit by that nasty flu bug!

I LOVE the pics of Sophie, she's SOOOO BEAUTIFUL! It's my first time "officially" joining you on FFF. (I'm still learning the ropes) O:-) My site address is nason5.blogspot.com and the name is "Safe In His Arms." THANKS FOR HOSTING!! ;-)

HAVE A BLESSED WEEK!
Love Tonya

Kelli said...

I love the then and now pics. We are up as well. I hope that you will be feeling better soon. I have a touch of the stomach virus. Yuck!!!!

Kathy said...

Sophie is so beautiful then and now!

I have been reading all the FFF's but never posted before. I love your theme today so I have posted my first FFF of my son John!

Love seeing all the then and now pictures!

Hope you are feeling better!

LouLou said...

OK, I'm in even though I'm private. Tell your readers to email me if you will vouch for them...... lou0728@yahoo.com.

Lisa and Madeline said...

FFF is up for me! (this is the 2nd time I've left a message and it wonn;t post, so you light see 2 from me here)

Hope you are felling better and Sophie too. Her picture doesnt look like the same child, but is she cute as ever!

Mackenzie's Forever Family said...

I'm so sorry you're sick. Rest, Rest, REst is the best, best, best.

I'm in for FFF.

MEgan

Faithful Froggers said...

So glad you are feeling better!! And I just LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures of Sophie. I remember you sharing her referral picture with me as I anxiously waited for my own referral! Sophie has grown into a beautiful little girl - with the prettiest hair and a smile that makes me smile back. She is so precious - and you are so blessed!

Have a great weekend!
Love & FROG,
Heather

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Link Us...Link Us!!
Misty and Lyza
www.journeytobabylyza.blogspot.com/

LeslieW. said...

Love your blog! It is precious!

Carr Family said...

After lurking and loving seeing everyone else's fotos, I've decided to play along!

Soltana said...

I had to search yet again for my assignment :) But LOVED looking for them :)

Hope you're feeling better:)

Marianne said...

Mine's up--I love any excuse to walk down memory lane.

Jenne said...

Sure link us!

http:cobyandjenne.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

SARAH Sophie is a doll in her referral picture! Ours were horrible but we had no idea at the time because we were in love anyway. lol I finally got my FFF up because I have spent all day looking through pictures going down memory lane. LOL My house is a wreck and I haven't gotten a thing done. ha ha It was great though!

Dena said...

Her picture is as cute as can be! Isn't it awesome how you just know by looking at them!

I wanted to join in all the fun too - so I posted my FFF!

Anonymous said...

Sarah..Sophie is just as beautiful today as she was at 8 days old and I do think she looks like herself!

Dena said...

Girl...I love smocked clothes sooo much I bought a childrens store in November!

I have LOTS of hand me ups and plenty of new stuff too!

Thepinkcrocodile.blogspot.com
Has a few things on it!
Dena

Our Family of 5 said...

LOVE Sophie's pictures! She is absolutely beautiful!!

Sharon said...

We're in!

Jennifer said...

Hi Sarah!
I hope you're feeling better. Nasty flu this year!

My FFF is on my blog...thanks for posting it!

Jennifer

Katie said...

Hi! My name is Katie and I stumbled upon your blog after following Jennisa's. I would love to participate in FFF and already have some pictures posted on my blog. I love your pictures and look forward to seeing more. :)

Debbie said...

Sophie is so pretty, then and now!!! I love this post!!

Debbie

Alleen said...

I agree, they change sooooooooooo much!! I finally posted mine.

HollyGee said...

I've been battling something for over two weeks now and the dr said it could take 2-3 more weeks.

MADRE MIA!!!

Sophie Bug was an adorable baby and has turned into a gorgeous little girl!!!

Katie said...

Sorry about that. The link to my blog is www.katie-memorablemoments.blogspot.com

Jamie said...

I posted mine tonight too.
Sophie looks a little like my daughter, in that baby picture. When my daughter was born, not now :)

Anonymous said...

Sophie is SO beautiful!! I LOVE her then and now pics. I can definetly see why you called her a little monkey. :)

I too like others are tired of just lurking so, please link me
www.ourjourneytojoshua.blogspot.com

God Bless,
Kelly

Rachel said...

Thank you for the comment. They certainly are a precious group of kids. I apologize about the photos not showing. I have fixed them and they should work now.

Sweet To Our Seoul said...

I LOVE Then & Now pics!!!
Sophie is absolutely beautiful!!!

:)April

Tracy said...

What lovely pictures. I love the first one, she looks so serious! She is very cute. Sorry, I am one day late, puter was on the blink yesterday! See there are loads of participants this week.

amy and kids said...

I would love to be a part of FFF, what a great idea! I had been slacking on keeping up with my blog so this will help to have something neat to post. Thanks!

Love the pictures of your little girl, she is beautiful!

Amy

Jill said...

Oh MY I am a day late, but still participated! lol! This was a good one! Count me in!

Thanks Sarah!

Jill

kcandone said...

She was and still is a beautiful petite little girl! Thanks for sharing!!!

Kelly said...

Sarah,
What a beautiful girly you have. I have finally posted my FFF on Saturday so if you will, please add me to your list. Thanks and I hope you are feeling better real soon.

Kelly

Derek and Jennifer said...

I have seen these on many blogs for many Friday's but did not know who was the mastermind. I had to be a part of it this week - and will try to keep participating in the future too. Thanks!!