Friday, September 21, 2007

Favorite Foto Friday #6

Oh my gosh... it is Friday already (TGIF)! Since I am at work and don't have access to new pictures, I will have to dig into the archives of pictures I have shared over time with my co-workers. But, this is actually one of favorites of all time! It is a picture of Sophie and her foster sister, Olivia, not long after they both came home in the fall of 2005 in their cute little Guatemalan outfits.

Sophie and Olivia are one week apart in age and after my visit trip to Guatemala, I discovered that Sophie's foster mother also had Olivia with her. Unbeknownst to us at the time, both girls were heading home to KY!! The girls were born in a country far away, shared a crib together for five months and then miraculously ended up with their forever families living 30 minutes apart! It is so awesome to keep in touch with Olivia and her family, an amazing and blessed connection!!



Don't forget to leave a comment in the comments section if you would like me to link your FFF picture! Here are some of this week's FFF friends!!
Robyn & Gabriella
Krystal & Gerson
Kelly, Kollin & Kemry
Heather & Her Beautiful Boys
Amy & Jonathan
Shannon & Analise
Bestill & Sawyer
Marlene & Rylee the birthday girl
Tracy & Brenda
Alleen & Gabriella
Becky & Amaya
Many Blessings & Jellybean
Kerri & Ruby
Farrah & Madisyn
Home Sweet Home's Brayden & Arianna
Corey & Luke
Holly, Gia & Nino
Stephanie & Maya
Little Blog On The Prairie's Mindy
Lou & Anne Pearce
Candy & Kya Blu
Kelli & Kaleb
Lisa & Sophia

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! That is just priceless, what an amazing contact to still have! That gave me chills!

What cutie pies!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

Awww I love that picture!!!! How precious they are! I got mine listed on time this week! WOOHOO

Faithful Froggers said...

Sarah,

How neat that Sophie has the same dress as Allie! I love that little dress - but Allie likes to pull it over her head! Not very lady-like! :) Please do send me a pic of Sophie - that would be so neat to have.

I didn't have a chance to comment on Morgan's pic - but that was too funny! How great to be young again! She is so pretty and sounds like she has a wonderful personality to match.

I posted my FFF - but it was only one this week! :) Can you believe it?

Have a wonderful weekend!
Love & FROG,
Heather

Amy S. said...

OMG! How incredible. That for sure is a must to keep in touch with Olivia. What a connection the girls will always have. That is such a neat stroy. This pictue is how I remember seeing Sophie for the first time. She is growing...and you know how I feel about that. :(

Love and Hugs!

Shannon said...

The picture of the girls is adorable!!!

I posted FFF this week....so link me girl!!!

Anonymous said...

How precious is that picture? It's amazing to know that you can still keep up with each other. I posted a picture this week as well. Don't work too hard!

Anonymous said...

To sweet! Look at them sharing.

Tracy said...

Came here from Heathers site, and just wanted to say that that really touched my heart. That is such an amazing bond for those two little girls to have. What a small world it is! Also wanted to say that I think the favourite photos is a great idea, so will be adopting it for my blog (if I remember each week) Hope you dont mind.

Alleen said...

What a sweet pic of two sweet girls!!

I posted a pic.

Becky said...

Too Cute! Love the outfits and the connections.

Our FFF is posted!

Dawn said...

Well, I finally posted mine...
http://prayingthemhome.blogspot.com

I'm cranky, so I put it off all day. Better late than never, right?

d;)

Katie said...

Awwwww....they are so blessed to have eachother !!!

Robyn said...

What an adorable pic!! They have both grown up so much since this pic was taken!!

Robyn

veggiemom said...

How amazing is the story and I love the picture!
I just posted mine. I love this FFF.

Kerri and Ruby

Krystal said...

This is the cutest little picture!!! That is so amazing that they were foster sisters!!!

Farrah said...

Please link mine to your list... I do it every Friday also. I love it as it is cute to see all the pictures of the kiddo's

Lori said...

So cute, I can't believe how much they change!!!
What an amazing story.

Anonymous said...

So awesome to be so close to each other!!!
I finally got my tail in gear and posted a FFF!! Yeah! Finally!

HollyGee said...

What a great picture. I love the pics of the little ones in their Guatemalan clothes.

I'm loving FFF!!!

LouLou said...

Ok, I'm playing....

Jennifer said...

Adorable picture and what a terrific, heartwarming story!

S said...

An adorable picture (and amazing story to go with it)! I found your site through Heather's quite awhile ago and have stopped back several times since. I just love your pictures!

We missed FFF this round, but I hope to join the fun Friday. What a great idea!