Friday, September 11, 2009

Favorite Foto Friday #102

I really thought I was ready to get back to blogging but some uncertainty has come up in my life at the moment and I feel I must extend my blogging break until the crisis is averted. I have not taken pictures of my kids in a couple weeks, so you know that something is consuming much more of my time and energy.

I may even have to take the blog private, which is something I have considered doing for a while. I don't feel comfortable putting my private life out there when difficulties arise not knowing who may be reading it. I know we all must struggle with this at times and I wish blogger allowed the option to password protect posts so that I could be open with those that I want to share our private details with. But... sigh... not really sure what to do.

I feel like I have fallen off the bandwagon of chronicling my family's life and am a little overwhelmed with how to make up for the lack of posts. Maybe that is what is really bothering me. I, like most of you, blog to create a keepsake for your kids someday. I had hoped that this too would be the same thing for us. But, I don't know how to start back up.

So, for this week... I am off the theme that was chosen last week... I really need to take pictures of the kids back to school, but they have already been back for a couple weeks. So, I will post a picture I did take recently of Grant and Sophie enjoying some time on the front porch last weekend. The mutual adoration of these two is simply amazing. I have no idea who could love each other more...

One thing that has not changed is how much I love my kids... they are the ones who keep me going day in and day out.

Here is MckLinky!



I would like to hear from you if you would like to keep Favorite Foto Friday going... maybe that will be my motivation to at least pop in here once a week until things settle back into a rhythm.

Love you guys!


post signature

22 comments:

Hannah said...

I am sorry you are in such a spot right now. If you need anything let me know. If you need to talk we can grab some coffee one night or if you need anything just let me know.

I will keep you guys in my prayers. You have such a special and sweet family.

Love the picture of Sophie and Grant...they are perfect together!

Leslie said...

I know that feeling of not being able to share some very important things going on in your life. Hang in there. God knows. Praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

Sarah - I'm sorry you are facing difficult times right now. I too struggle with how much to share and when to share it. I hope you can find the balance you need right now that works for you.

I love FFF!! It motivates me to blog at least once a week. I hope you do decide to keep it going but will understand if you can't. Maybe someone else could host it for you for a while so you could participate but not feel the pressure to initiate the postings.

Love that picture of Grant and Sophie! I hope you have a great weekend. Praying that things settle down for you guys soon.

Mama Bear said...

Oh Sarah, I am so sorry for the extra issues you are dealing with. I know many of us have had and are going through some major ones right now and that too has been why I've been on the fence constantly about whether to take my blog private as well. I too decided to keep a blog for my children and our life together but not comfortable sharing information when I know anyone can read some of my private difficult thoughts and times. Please know we are thinking of you and wishing you and your family all the best. I love your FFF and usually participate except I already posted the backpack pictures earlier!!!

You are an amazing person, stay strong and sending many hugs and prayers your way.

Rhonda and family

Sharon said...

Sarah - my heart aches with you!

Lately, I've found comfort with this verse:
"I Can Do All Things Through Christ Who Strengthens Me"
Philippians 4:13

And...when we struggle to believe it, we have to fake it until we make it :-)

Praying for you!
Sharon

Becca said...

Sarah ~ I love you and will be here for you, as you have been a true friend to me. Please know how many people love your family and are praying for your family and friends.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Lund7 said...

Sarah, I enjoy the FFF posts. Sometimes it's the only time in the week that I find the time to get on my blog! I am sorry you are going through a difficult time right now. I would be happy to host FFF if you feel like you need a break, even if it's only temporarily. Just let me know....Hugs!

Jenelle said...

I find it hard to keep up with my blog as well, but when I do, I love FFF. I'm sure if you need to take a break though, someone could take over.

I hope things get straightened out for you soon! Trust in the Lord and things will come together eventually. Have an awesome weekend!

howie mama said...

Sarah,
I completely understand your frustration. For my personal stuff that I don't want out on the web, I keep a written journal that I will give to Collin some day when he grows up. Sometimes it is easier for me to write than to get on the computer because I am easily distracted on the computer. I keep a little notebook in my bedside table. It's nothing I do on a regular basis just when things happen or I have thoughts that I don't feel need to be shared with the general public. It is nice to have blogger friends who are supportive but I guess you never really know who you are dealing with out there.

The FFF is really fun because you can look at other peoples interpretations of the theme and it's always interesting to see what other families are up to and keep in touch.

I would be happy to host if you need a break. Just let me know.

I hope things get better for you.

My email is hcollin at columbus dot rr dot com if you need a host.

Take care-Heather

Misty McKibben-Sanders said...

I love FFF because it gets me out of my routine and I WANT to post....you do a wonderful job with it and I look forward to it every week!!!! Keep up the great work...and if you decide not to do it....hopefully someone can step into your shoes and "TRY" to fill them! Best Wishes and God Bless to you and your family!!!

Anonymous said...

please know you arent alone and loved my friend!! praying for you!!!

God brought us together (duh our lives are too much alike NOT to see that one!) OH did i mention my ex hubby is a cleveland Cop? LOL

hugs,leslie
I still have to change my blog to private sometimes soon!!!

Gardenia said...

Sarah, I'm a newbie blogger, today will be my third FFF post. but I read adoptive mommy blogs for a couple years now, and always followed your FFF. I am praying your family endures through this difficult period and that God guides you with His own hand. I keep a separate handwritten journal where I write in private things about my family and daughter, so that I can get out on paper what I want/need to talk/write/pray about, and yet, can still keep my blog open and share pictures and precious moments. We "mommy writers" sometimes need to write it all out and I can understand how you may feel you need to go private for that reason, but I and others will sure miss you.

Shannon said...

I hope all is well and you find peace!!! I have really enjoyed watching your kiddos and will miss them if you do have to go private! I have been a bit of a slacker with blogging, the last one was wishing my Mom (Carson's Grandma) Happy 60th Birthday...I'm sure she is happy it has been up there so long!! smile!!!

Take care and God Bless!
Shannon

Rachel said...

I love FFF...and I love reading about your amazing family! I would post FFF more often, but do not have internet at my house right now, and the library computer makes it difficult to post pictures. You might try wordpress. You can password protect certain posts--and leave others open for everyone, and people can email you if they would like the password. I have not done this yet, but have thought about doing so at some point depending on what children's home I end up working in, and whether I can post pictures of the children I will work with publicly. I will be praying for you and your family.

Robyn said...

I am so sorry you are going through a difficult time. My thoughts and prayers are with you. If you need anything, please let me know.

P.S. Love the pic of Sophie & Grant!!

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry that things are so difficult for you right now. You are an amazing woman, and your love for your children is evident in every post. I will be praying for you and your children.
Joann in AL

PS Love the pics!
PSS Google won't let me sign in, so I'm having to sign as anonymous, but I did put my name on here for you.

One Busy Momma said...

Love the pic of Grant and Sophie!

Sorry that you are in a difficult time in life...

I appreciate you hosting FFF's!
It has been a great way to connect with other families...and it has been a little kick in my butt to at least post once a week...

Maybe someone else could host for a while... pass it along on a 3 or 6 month deal...then it wouldnt be just on one person...

Hope you have a good weekend!

Colleen said...

I'm sorry that things are kind of hard for you right now. Know that I'm thinking positive thoughts for you and all three of your kids. :)

Debbie said...

I'm sorry things are going rough for you!!! I will be praying for your family!!!

God be with you!
Debbie

melanie, aka Mo said...

Hey, Thanks for the shout out, Sarah! I understand about the blog. I love blogging. I love just telling my story. Some journal. I blog. But as it is... it is very public! I had someone totally misconstrue one of my posts earlier this year, and things got very messy! It was totally my fault, and I decided will continue to be my fault if something else arises. Hopefully, it will not. Do what you feel your heart tells you. Good luck on all the "crises" in your life. Hopefully, you will come out on the other side, singing! Mo

Unknown said...

Sarah,

I found your blog through the Duckworth family.

As an adoptee from Korea, I always love to read about adoption stories. I know that one of my future children will be adopted. So I love to hear about everyone's journey.

I'm sorry to hear that life is throwing you some difficult times. I have loved reading your blog and seeing your beautiful children.

I'll be sure to keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Regards,
Sarah

Tracy said...

I am so sorry to hear that you are having a difficult time. I hope that things are settling a bit. It is really difficult sometimes to know what to write and how much to disclose, especially when things are not going that well.
I am not really online much at the moment, just busy with work and Brendas school, but I love Favourite Foto Friday and would hate to see it go. I love catching up on everyones lives!