Friday, January 23, 2009

Favorite Foto Friday #74 - NEW!

I am going to continue my FFF this week as a photo recap of my time in Guatemala last month. I just keep going back to these photographs and seeing something new each time.

The theme this week is NEW. The first image of "new" in my head is of new life... babies. And... there sure were some beautiful babies that I had the privilege of capturing with my lens...

Look at this baby girl receiving her new toy... can you just squeeze her?

And Morgan with a new puppy who craved being held and loved on.

One of the sweetest little faces - he is in last week's photos too...

I love how they could sleep anywhere, even in the chaos of what was going on around them.

This is one of a set of twins being carried in a wrap by his father... one of the most precious things I think I have ever seen. Both parents were so proud of their babies.

This is my sponsored family's new baby... he was not so sure what to think of me...


These were the babies in Tierra Linda... this little baby boy had Downs Syndrome and his sister carried him and played with him the entire time we were there.

This little baby was so precious and her mother gladly showed her off for my camera.

Sweetness...


And the newest baby I photographed... Baby Alex's new baby sister...

And, a picture taken in 2007 by my dear friend, Catherine... showing the dichotomy of old vs new... a grandmother walking with this beautiful little girl.

Here is Mr. Linky!! Please link your blog post, not just your blog url.



Next week's theme is UP!

post signature

26 comments:

Kim & Dave said...

Sarah- I am choking up here!!! I need to remember to have kleenex handy when I chekc your blog!

The pictures are precious!

I think my favorite was the grandmother holding the little girl's arm-words fail me!

Rachel said...

Those little babies are too adorable!

Rachel said...

That last little girl looks just like one of the children I met in the Philippines. I will have to post a picture in a future post!

Robyn said...

What precious pics!!

Mom to the 3rd Power said...

Like you said...pure sweetness.
Babies...I just adore them.

veggiemom said...

What a great way to share your pics. They are just beautiful.

Krystal said...

These are really beautiful pictures! I love the picture of the big sis holding her baby brother.

Rebekah said...

Sarah - as always what a beautiful post ... love all the photos you've chosen ... and is that a new puppy for Morgan? Too cute ... thanks for sharing such beautiful faces as they expore new things ... havea great weekend!

Rebekah

Targetshopper: said...

I could look at your pictures of these precious babies all day long! They are so beautiful!

Rachel said...

So very very touching - especially love the last one with the old and new, melts my heart!

Bus and Sabra said...

So love your beautiful pictures! Makes me long to go to Guatemala! & YES, I could just squeeze that precious little baby in the first picture! What amazing colors!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE seeing the sweet beautiful faces! I can't wait to go back and see them in person!! Thanks for sharing them!
steph

Anonymous said...

I don't have my FFF up yet, because I've been busy this morning having been tagged with the HOOKED ON award... and I included you on the list of blogs I'm HOOKED ON. Stop by to see!

http://piseco.homeschooljournal.net/2009/01/23/heathers-hooked/

Christina said...

Beautiful faces from "our" children's beautiful country.

Laurie said...

Those pictures are just wonderful. Just brings tears to my eyes.

One Busy Momma said...

Beautiful pictures!!!!!

Precious little ones!

Carrie, Rich and the Kids said...

What GORGEOUS photos. They are very touching and heartwarming. Gives you optimism and hope for what is good and worth it in the world.

Anonymous said...

OK before you post your pics warn us to grab a tissues and not try to hug the computer monitor!!!

My heart is melting..MUY linda!

hugs,leslie

Dr. Samantha said...

oops i accidentally posted for 44 and 46, can you take that off?

thanks for doing this and connecting our community so sweetly.

vaneblu said...

I love those pics ;) cute little babies full of inoscence :)

Anita said...

Just love your pics. So sweet and inoscent.

Anita and Clara

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are awesome! Thanks for sharing!

Lund7 said...

Sarah, You always post such great pictures. Makes me want to go back to Guatemala! I especially love the one of the little girl holding her brother with Down Syndrome...being the mom of a little Down's guy myself, that is near and dear to me! Thanks for your weekly FFF posts!

Debbie said...

What great new pictures of new babies and a puppy!!! Cute cute cute!!!


Debbie

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures! (My husband told me he was trying to save us money with the haircuts - I think I would rather starve!!) Anyway, praying for you and your family.
Julie

Anonymous said...

HI Sarah ~ OH HOW I LOVE YOUR BLOG!! These photos are fantastic ~ and thanks for ncluding mine at the bottom! I can't take my eyes off the babies ~ oh how I wish I would win the lottery and be able to do MORE... Thank you for sharing Sarah ~ LOVE YOU!!
Catherine