This week's theme is COLD! It is VERY cold here right now but not cold enough for us to get any snow beyond some pretty dustings. But, I thought I would post a few retro pictures of my favorite COLD pictures of Sophie from the past three winters.
Her first snow in January 2006 at 7 months old. She did not know what to think about it and when she figured it out, she did not like it.

In December 2006, we went to Disney after Christmas to get away from the cold and found it EXTREMELY cold there... enough to buy blankets and hats in the gift shops since we left all semblance of warm clothes back home.

Then, last March, on my birthday... we received 15 inches of the white fluffy stuff and the kids had a blast playing in it! Here are my girls with the sled in the front yard.

And finally... here is Bug all ready for the cold and snow this winter in her furry coat.

Thanks for all your kinds words and prayers!! I have not been blogging much lately as we have been busy figuring alot of things out with our family and Grant. As I have promised too many times, I hope that I will be able to blog more soon as things get more settled and into a routine. Please check out Sophie's new haircut below!
Here is Mr. Linky!!
By popular vote, we will have one word themes for FFF and would love any and all suggestions each week in the comments section!! And, selfishly, I love to read your comments, so please leave me your suggestions!!
Next week's theme is EYES! I know we have done this before, but it is truly one of my favorites!

32 comments:
Love Sophie bug in the snow!! So cute..
That big snow happened the day after we came home with Sophia!
Have a great weekend and we are still keeping your family in our thoughts and prayers...
Adorable pics, as always. My favorite pics are always of kids sleeping, so that's my suggestion for a FFF theme.
Love the pics! She looks so pretty in all of them!
"Trouble"
"Sweet"
"Boo-boos" or "Ouch"
"Nature"
"Wonder"
Just a few ideas for FFF themes!!
Sophie is just gorgeous! Lose the one of her with the Santa Hat
What adorable pics!! I love the first one!!
Robyn
P.S. I can continuing the prayers for you!!
That last pic of Sophie is so adorable she is too CUTE. That hat and over coat OMG I need a little girl.
Love all the cold pics. Bug is so beautiful.
I LOVE her furry jacket and I LOVE her new haircut! Sophia is so photogenic!
What a cute snow princess. Savannah loves to be pulled on the sled too.
I just adore the green coat.
Have a wonderful weekend!
What is GuatMommy Marketplace? How do I get involved? Thanks!
Love the pictures and awesome haircut! She looks really gorgeous in it.
I am just in love with Sophie in the green coat - it is so cute and she looks absolutely adorable.
Take care of yourself Sarah!
Thoughts for next weeks' FFF?:
Rain
Flash (quickness or light on the clothing)
Thinking
Joy
Feet
Noses
Light
Silly
Is that helpful?
Oh Great Buurr Cold pictures Sarah - and Sophie is just too cute in the pink coat ... she looks snug as a bug ... and so little! Thanks for sharing and hav a great weekend!
Rebekah
Sarah,
It has been in the 70s here. It is not cold.
Have a great weekend,
Cheryl
She is just gorgeous in all her cold weather ensembles!
Thinking of you and your family!
Great pictures! I love Sophie's green coat! It looks toasty warm.
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
Oh and I forgot some suggestions...
Hats
Music
Silly
Heritage
Food
Snow
Oh I love Sophie's face in the first pic, thats how I feel in the snow too :) And her green coat is BEAUTIFUL, love it.
Have a great weekend!!
Stacey
Happy Friday! I love the picture of the sisters in the snow with the sled. So sweet!
Love the pink baby in the snow.
Adorable as always. I really hope we get a big snow again this year, I just hope it is not in March again. If its gonna be this cold I do want snow LOL.
Also on your previous post, love Sohpies new haircut. Madeline also has ver thin hair but noticed the other day new hair all coming in -in the front. She has curls though and that helps because it blends in.
Hope you had a great new year. See you soon!
~Lisa
OMG Sarah how funny that i posted almost the ssame pic of abby in the snow with her pink coat on!!! GREAT minds think alike!!!!!!
I love how the kids love playing in the snow BUT i sure dont!!!!
Hugs,Leslie
Cute Pics!!!!
Hope you at least get one good "snowman' snow!!!!!
Love Sophie all bundled up in that beautiful coat!!!!!!
Bug is always so sweet! I really wish we would get snow-just a little. Lily can't wait to really see it! I don't think she believe's it is real! LOL
Have a great weekend!
Oh so sweet! I love that green coat. I loved Sophie's new haircut...how cute is that. I enjoy this fun friday so much!
For FFF words, how about pictures that reveal interesting images as a result of the sun on the subject. For intense...I took a picture of Hope under a tree and an image in the shape of a perfect angel showed up on the photo as a result of the sun filtering thru the leaves. I don't know how that can be explained in one word..but you usually explain something above the theme..so maybe the one word would be images???
I love your Snow pics, that Sophie is a real cutie!
I wish we could get snow here :(
I love the pics but especially the green coat one. Gorgeous!!!
Well, we don't do cold here, so I deviated from the theme...
Sophie was sooooooooooooo cute her first time in the snow!
And that green coat picture is one of my all-time favorites of her.
I love her green fur swing coat? Where is it from?!
Hello Sarah,
It has been a while since I said hello. Hope all is well in 2009 with you all. Sorry for the cold weather. It is about 75 today. He He. Southern California. Love it. Well Happy New Years.
Lauren
COLD..It will be 20 below here in Minesota tonight! I don't know WHY we live here!
CUTE Blog, I have been following for a LONG time..and Love to watch for updates and new photos!
That Green Coat is Super Cute!
Post a Comment