Do you see...
UNCERTAINTY

WONDER

PENSIVENESS

JOY

CURIOSITY

I see all these things and more when I look into their eyes. They are the window to what you want to see and what they want to show you. I still have hundreds of thoughts and pictures to share... but it is through the eyes of the children that bring me to my knees. They are the future of Guatemala... and one baby step at a time, we can all BE THE CHANGE we wish to be in this world. By offering a simple toy, by providing a holiday meal, by giving them a chance at an education and an opportunity to become who they want to be. All we have to do is look in their eyes and see the possibilities. Once you have seen with your own eyes, you can never forget that even just one child exists and has been changed because you were there for a moment to make a difference.
Here is Mr. Linky! Please be sure to link your post URL, not just your blog address.
Next week's theme is "NEW".



40 comments:
Sarah
Your pictures are stunning and very moving. I think anyone would feel what you felt in Guatemala just by your descriptions however when you have a blessing in your own home and you know where they came from, imagine their futures and see their faces in the eyes of these children it only makes you want to do more. Thanks for sharing these, I look forward to more pictures and stories from your journey. Every day I feel I am blessed to be Olivia's mom, she has changed my (our) life so much, we're so lucky to have been chosen to be her parents, I can't imagine her left behind.
YOu can see sooooo much in a Guatemalans eyes...I too blogged about my dear daughters precious eyes!!! They truely take my breath away!
Hugs and luv,Leslie
P.S here are some more idea words for some future FFF themes..
Frown
Mean
sport
nationality
crazy
sick
wonderful
just to name a few! lol
Yours was a very moving post this week. I'm so glad I have my brown eyed girl with me, but I will not forget the others left behind...and I will continue to search out opportunities to give back to the country/people who have given such a precious gift to me!
Somebody else stole my word! JK!
But, the only word I can use to describe you pics is "stunning!"
They literally took my breath away!!!
Love your gorgeous pics! I haven't been doing these for several weeks and apparently I lost my ability to read or remember instructions. Link #6 is just to my blog and not the post but saw no way to remove it. #7 is correct. I'm very sorry!
What a great theme and beautiful pictures you post. We are sooooo heads in love with our two big brown eyed princesses!!!!
Oh...those pictures tore my heart out. That first little girl looks just like my son with long hair!
LOVE YOU
MISS YOU
GREAT POST!!!!
Praying for all those little "eyes" in Guatemala. How they have stolen my heart! Those pictures will be forever etched in my memory.
Melinda
All I can really say is WOW those are great pictures.
What amazing pics!! My eyes are full of tears right now.
P.S. Can't wait to see you and Bug this weekend!! :)
Awesome pictures!
Wow--those are some amazing and gorgeous eyes. The children in Guatemala just have the most penetrating, deep, dark, eyes where you can almost see right into their heart and soul. Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Sarah - I think its so valuable that you keep reminding us about the people that still need us. The work that you did was so moving - I'm looking forward to hear what your next adventure is, so I can get involved in some way.
My husband was in Guatemala last week and was able to make several really amazing connections with our daughters' Gmom - he took some beautiful pictures and it was her eyes that match up so closely with both my girls.
Wow stunning photos, and perfect for eyes. Your pictures tell so much just by looking at those beautiful eyes.
Very moving, thank you for sharing.
Stacey
LOVE the pictures!!! You can see into their world by just the look in their eyes. Very moving post!
Marsha
What a great reminder of all the emotions children are faced with at such young ages. I always love reading your touching posts about your latest trip - those kiddos can sure find a way straight into your heart in a hurry!!
What amazing pictures. They just bring tears to my eyes. I LOVE giving back to Guatemala!
Those pictues you captured are sad, inspiring, and sweet.
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for sharing them and for showing us your heart for Guatemala and these precious little ones. The pictures are beautiful and each little one is so special. Very moving post!
Happy FFF Sarah - and the pictures you chose for today are amazing - beautiful and haunting all at the same time ... those children are precious ... thanks for sharing and have a wonderful weekend!
Rebekah - Jaden - Charlotte
Great photo's!
Seems like you had a great trip... and I know you did a lot of good while there.
Our first heart tug were the big brown eyes looking out at us from Mari's referral picture! Then to have Julia's be as captivating..surely God's way of drawing us to this country in need.
Suz
What a beautiful post, you can see so much in the eyes of a little child, specially if they have been thru' a lot; same thing happens here in DR when you see a child in the streets asking for money, their little eyes are so full of inocence and yet they tell you so much!
Great post!
Absolutely beautiful. So much can be seen in the eyes of these beautiful children.
These eyes really do show exactly what you say! This was an absolutely amazing post!
The eyes certainly speak volumes... Gorgeous.
beautiful post:) it is hard to look at thoes kids and not tear up:) I know you think about them and pray for them like I do:)
You are right - you guys touched a lot of lives that week:) And I know it is just the beginning:)
Love to see people with beautiful hearts like yours being the hands and feet of Jesus:)
Hugs to you:)
What beautiful pictures, Sarah! Oh, how I long to go back to Guatemala!!I think you should post your pictures in a book! These are amazing!
AWESOME pictures Sarah! Beautiful just beautiful!
Priceless photos! You should be a professional!
Love the pictures Sarah. Those faces tug at my heart. I just can't get them out of my mind. I long to go back!
Those eyes how they speak to your heart. Love the Foto's they are beautiful.
What amazing pics!
I just love the "wonder" baby, so precious.
Is Mr Linky broken? Why can't I see it?
I was just commenting on another FFF post that I used to think brown eyes were boring but all of our Guatemalan children have such gorgeous eyes I can't believe I ever thought that!
The photos are beautiful. Thank you for sharing them.
Love those Guatemalan eyes!!!
Debbie
There is no Mr. Linky on my laptop when I opened your blog....
Beautiful pictures Sarah! Eyes are the window to the soul- and what a story they tell! Thanks so much for sharing! Hope you are having a great weekend!
Hugs,
Christina
Sarah,
Those pictures speak 1000+ words. I have so much enjoyed reading about your trip to Guatemala. What an amazing experience. I hope that some day I can do something half as wonderful as that.
Post a Comment