Sorry I have not been posting much since Guatemala... I am still wrapping myself around the amazing things that we were fortunate enough to experience while we were there. There is so much need, so much heartache, so much beauty, so much that my heart is still trying to make sense of. I promise to post many many more pictures once I am able to digest more of the wonders we experienced while we were there!
And, unfortunately, the realities of real life back at home has kept me very distracted. Please keep Grant in your prayers as we begin yet a new chapter of his life with uncertain possibilities ahead.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
This week's FFF has no theme, but I am going to use Visit with Santa!
I am so proud of my little Bug! She has always been completely scared by any mention of Santa. Last year, she even insisted that Santa not bring her any presents, only mommy. We have been casually strolling by the Big Man in the mall the past couple weeks and I have been letting her wave and watch the other kids. Wednesday morning, she woke up and informed me that she wanted to sit in Santa's lap. So... we made a date night to celebrate Morgan getting her drivers license by going out to dinner and then the girls would go see Santa. She was very excited in line...

But not so sure once she walked toward him... Sissy had to hold her on her lap, but she was there... and not that happy about it.

Morgan was Santa's helper last year at the mall and she helped Sophie talk to him. Since this Santa is crazy about Morgan, he was very patient with her little sister.

Hmmm...maybe this Big Guy isn't all that bad...small smile appearing.

OK, she smiled for the camera, but you can see the tears were falling.

Then... to our surprise, she told Morgan that she would sit on his lap by herself! She told him she wants a Pony and a Princess (guess what I bought at Target last night)!

Not such a bad guy, after all!

And, here is the official picture... notice the crocodile tears on her cheek. Deer in the headlights for sure!

And, I know you are probably wondering about her dress. Our very talented FFF friend,
Melinda, made it for Sophie. You may want to drop her a note if you are interested in one! She did a fabulous job!


I just love my baby Bug!! She has my heart in the palm of her cute little hand!!

Since next week's FFF falls the day after Christmas, I think it is appropriate to post your favorite picture from the big day! If you do not celebrate Christmas, I hope that you choose a picture that shows your family in celebration of something blessed to you.
Here is Mr. Linky! Merry Christmas everybody!

29 comments:
Oh, my goodness!! That brings back memories!!
Our oldest was SCARED to DEATH of Santa as well!!
Your pictures & commentary are priceless!
Continuing to pray for Grant, too!
My Sophia is scared of Santa too! I do love her dress it looks adorable on Sophie!!
I love how even at 16 Morgan is willing to sit on Santa's lap for her sister. She is truly a special girl.
I am glad you guys are back safe and sound.
Have a wonderful, blessed Christmas!
Way to go, Sophie!! This was the first year that Miss G didn't cry or try to run from Santa, too. :) Guess this is another sign that our girls are growing up.
I will be continuing the prayers for Grant!!
Those pictures are priceless with the alligator tears. She is very brave to be so unsure but to still sit on his lap. Merry Christmas to you and your family
SO cute!
Abby wants nothing to do with santa so im not pushing the issue this year!!! IM sure she will still get some toys! LOL
I love that dress and your bug is just a beauty in it!
Praying for Grant ...All boys named Grant have a special place in my heart ;o)
LUv,Leslie
Love the dress!! Her personality just shines through in every picture! Too cute!
What a brave girl to conquer her fears like that. We will have no pics of Ruby and Santa and, although Medina didn't cry, she did have a kind of deer in headlights look about her when she saw Santa.
Good job Bug! They just make a decision and do it. That is so cute. Savannah sat for 5 seconds, but did not talk. It is so sweet that Morgan with her. What a sweet sister.
She is SO pretty and the dress is precious.
Merry Chirstmas. Your pictures from Guatemala and your experience is amazing.
I have loved looking through all your Guatemala pictures! So beautiful and yet so sad at the same time.
Sophie's Santa pictures are so cute, even with the big alligator tears. The pictures will make for great memories long after the fear is gone.
Have a wonderful weekend and a very Merry Christmas! We'll be praying for Grant in the weeks ahead.
Sarah,
I love all the new pics...Praying you have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy each minute making new memories!!
Love, Marci
Love that adorable dress!!!!!
So glad that Sophie became comfortable with Santa!!!
Hope everyone has a very Merry Christmas!!!!!
Sophie looks so sweet in her dress! I'm so glad you like it!!
She was so brave to sit on Santa's lap by herself. Still can't get Crista to do that...maybe next year!
Your Guatemala pictures are bittersweet. Such beauty in such poverty.
Melinda
Sophie is as beautiful as ever. Love her dress!
Awe - she is so precious!! Love that dress, it is absolutely gorgeous!
We have done several "drive by's" at our local mall, too but a high five for Santa is as close as we've gotten to him! Maybe next year. Glad you're back safe.
I am glad to see you back safe and that you had an amazing time. Morgan sure is a wonderful big sister, and well done Sophie!
I love that last picture of her! She is so adorable and I love her dress! Too cute!
she is such a cutie!!!
I participated for the first time :D!
What a cute little dress. Love the sister picture!! Happy Holidays.
What a cutie!!! I hope to meet the rest of your family in person one day. I miss you guys!
Sarah,
Can't wait to hear more about Guatemala - thanks for sharing. And we'll be thinking of Grant and you.
Love the pictures with Morgan and Sophie together - what good sisters.
So cute. Love the dress. Have a wonderful Christmas with your beautiful family.
Hugs,
Cheryl & Kayleigh Ann
Wow Sarah! She did great! Was it the Easter Bunny that she was so sad/scared with earlier this year? That's progress! I hope all that is going on with Grant settles soon, he looks so handsome in his school uniform! I have been following your Guatemala story~ truly amazing! My computer crashed big time so I'm just catching up with everyone. Big hugs to you!
Love,Christina
She is sooo cute with Santa!!!!I love her,such a wonderful baby bug!:)
Hi Sarah!
Happy Holidays!
I loved looking at all your Pictures from Guat....and I can't wait to hear more. I know you missed Sophie when you were gone. She looks so cute in her dress. So pretty with those little black shoes. YOU know I love them. I am so jealous of all of you who have little girls. The only thing about it..is I sure have saved a lot of money...because you know me..I would JUST Have every dress I see that I love no matter what the price!
I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with the children. Grant looks so grown up!...and poor Morgan having to leave the puppy behind.
Love and Hugs!
What cute pictures!! I love her dress! Is it a pillow case style dress??
Heidy was still terrified this year, as you can see in the pictures!
Debbie
those pics are precious. My now 6 yr old just got comfortable with The Big Guy last year, but already the two yr old likes him (but she tends to not be shy at all).
Thanks for sharing your photos of your trip to the Mala. I never tire of seeing pics of your group or reading about that wonderful time.
Merry Christmas!
Sarah I got the frog boxers at Walmart!!! They were on the clearance rack for 2 for $3!!!! Im going back on Monday i will see if i can find somemore..Are these for your Grant??
We love frogs too!!!!
hugs,Leslie
Post a Comment