Friday, April 18, 2008

Favorite Foto Friday #36 - SIBLINGS

I have reserved this Special Edition FFF in honor of SIBLINGS as I have a very special post about a very special little guy that just happens to be the biological brother of my Sophie~Bug. His name is Daniel and he is 11 months older than Sophie and just the most handsome, sweetest and tender hearted little guy. His family and ours are so blessed to know one another and have been able to get together several times with the kids over the past couple years. It has definitely been one of those unexpected blessings that have come from adoption... one I never would have imagined! Luckily, our families get along so well and of course, we think our children are just beautiful and even more so... together.

So, last week in Destin, they were able to join us for a few days at the beach and I will share a few pictures of them together as my FFF!

Cheesy smile on Bug, but Daniel sure looks gorgeous!


He was so protective of Sophie and tried to put his arm around her.


They had so much fun on the beach together.




I will leave more of the story for a later post since this is FFF!

Looking forward to your SIBLINGS FFF!! And, to not exclude any only children... don't forget about furry siblings (I consider my dogs my furbabies)!! And, as always, you never have to follow a theme... just post your FFF and leave a comment and I will link you!! FFF has grown tremendously the past couple of months and is alot of fun! I look forward to checking in with everybody every week!! Thanks for participating and leaving comments here!!

Rachel, Makensie, Madison, Makan & Max
Kerri & Ruby
Tonya, Brent, Zach & Gabe
Stephanie & Jaden
Lisa & Madeline
Stephanie & Alex
Jennifer, F, M & K
Christina, Emily, Ashley & Madeline
Lauren, Amanda & Adam
Lisa & Sophia
Becky, Juliana & Amaya
Kelly & Skylie
Tina, Toby & Liliana - First FFF!
Kelly, Karson & Kemry
Denise, K, F, E & L
Tricia, Victoria & Sofia
Michelle, Dylan & Dominic
Farrah, Madisyn, Gracie & Austin
Misty, Madisyn & Lyza
Amy, Brooklyn, Regan & Carson
Tracy & Brenda
Kelli & Kaleb
Heather, Kyle, Brandon, Devin, Jacob & Allie
Janelle & Colter
Laurie, Mindy & Joe
Ellie, Angelena & Angelo
Heidi, Emmi & Jake
Christina Kelsey, Clara & Aiden
Kelley & her 7 Blessings
Dena & Annie
Jennisa, Avery & Olivia
Amy, Nathan, Jeff, Giovanni, Kayla & Samantha
Beccay, Myles & Ella
Marianne & her furry babies
Tracy, Matt & Emmy
Kathy, John, Mia & Shoshie
Dori & Annalise - private
Three Handprints Beautiful Boys
Katie, Madeleine & Audrey
Amy, Joey & Honey
Sharon & Anna Maria
Rachel & Riley - First FFF!
Amanda, Mary, Mason & Matthew
Rachel & her Philippino cuties
Amy & Steve - Happy Anniversary!
Aves, Tuks & Heathcliff, Einstein & Murph
Ruthie & Liliana
Jill & Mario
Jamie, Jalyn & Justice
Robyn & Gabriella
Laurie & Bella
Amy, Brayden & Malayna
Becky & Tabitha


post signature

60 comments:

Sharon and Olivia Grace said...

It is so awesome that Sophie can get to know her biological brother!!

They are adorable together!!

Sharon

Rachel said...

Sarah...
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for adding Daniel. We miss them soooo terribly! They are beautiful individuals...but together...WOW! Great theme! We are up as well.

veggiemom said...

What a great story. I often wonder if any bio-siblings have come along and where they might be now.
Kerri and Ruby

Tonya said...

Now that is AMAZING! What a BLESSING it must be to be able to help keep them in touch with each other. For some reason my computer isn't pulling up your pictures. I'll try again tomorrow.

Until then, my post is up.

http://nason5.blogspot.com/

Rebekah said...

Oh Sarah - I love all the pictures and what a wonderful story ... This was a GREAT topic - count us in for FFF ... it is the highlight of my week ... well aside from Jaden!

Have a GREAT weekend!
Rebekah, Jason and Jaden

Lisa and Madeline said...

It is awesome they you have been able to know Sophies brother and stay close with his family. They are so sweet together and looks like they enjoyed the beach and had fun! They both have those beautiful eyes and great smile. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful story.

No siblings for Madeline, or pets, hopefully someday we can have both, so my theme is--- cousins!!

Thanks and have a great weekend!
Lisa & Madeline

Stephanie said...

Sarah,
What a beautiful story in pictures of two adorable, loving kids! The affection that they felt for each other was plain to see!

I chose a cousin for FFF, too!
Thanks for hosting, Sarah.

Jennifer said...

Oh I absolutely cannot wait to hear more of Daniels's and Sophie's story and how you all found each other. He is so cute and they just look adorable side by side. What a gift that they are able to share parts of their lives with one another!

Our FFF is up and running.

Thanks!
Jennifer

Christina said...

How wonderful that Daniel and Sophie get to see each other! A true blessing and I can't wait to hear more!
I've got my FFF up and got to play with my new scanner a bit!
Thanks so much Sarah! Have a great weekend!
Christina

Young Creations said...

Hello Sarah,
I had fun with this weeks theme. Take a look.
Sophie and her brother are so sweet.
Please add our blog to your listing.
http://ouryoungcreations.blogspot.com/
Lauren

Our Family of 5 said...

Love the pictures!! They are both just absolutely adorable!! I wanna squish them both!
Our FFf is up, It's not the same thing, but I already put the pictures up so next week I will jump on the same theme wagon again =)

Becky said...

How precious! What a great relationship you are fostering between Bug and Daniel. Their photos together are amazing.

Our FFF is posted as well.

Kelly said...

They are beautiful!!!!!You are very blessed to have contact with his family...I hope one day to find Sky's sisters and brother Anyway they are so sweet together! I didn't follow the theme this week I forgot to check in before I did it :)

Tina said...

Joining you for FFF this week. It's my first time.

Anonymous said...

We aren't up yet (hopefully by lunch? LOL) but I HAD to comment right this minute. Sarah he is such a GORGEOUS kid! There's no doubt they're bio sibs...they're both just absolutely beautiful. I got tears reading this because it's such a blessing for you guys. {{{BIG HUGS}}}

One Busy Momma said...

It's great you are able to allow the two siblings to get to know each other!!!

I'm joining this posting!

anewfamilytradition.blogspot.com

Denise

Tricia said...

WOWZER - two beautiful beach babes!!!!!

We did Sibling FFF on our blog for ya!!!

:)

Anonymous said...

WOW, HOW BLESSED ARE YOU, WHAT GORGEOUS GORGEOUS CHILDREN.

Farrah said...

Oh my gosh....How cute are them to together..

We did the siblings theme too...

http://babysthroughadoption.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Ok I lied in my last comment...I got my FFF up before lunch. lol this week was an easy one for me! ;)

Misty McKibben-Melvin said...

Awesome pic's of them...too darn cute. I love them! Count us in!
Misty, Madisyn and Lyza
www.fairytaleprincesses.blogspot.com/
www.maddysgab.blogspot.com/

amy and kids said...

What great pictures, they are both so cute! That is so awesome that you are able to stay connected with Sophie's biological brother's family. I have my pics up.

Tracy said...

Such gorgeous pictures of the two of them! Lovely that they can get to know each other.

Kelli said...

Love all the pics!!!! The beach sounds so nice right about now!!! Ours is up!!

Faithful Froggers said...

What precious pictures! How very lucky Daniel and Sophie are to have each other. They are both so beautiful and will always share such a special bond. Those pictures truly touched my heart - they are so sweet!

Have a great weekend!
Love & FROG . . .

Jenelle said...

Beautiful pictures! It's wonderful that your daughter will be able to know her biological brother! That will be awesome in the years to come.

My post is up. I love FFF! Thanks for doing it.

Jenelle and Colter

Anonymous said...

What a lovely story! My Mindy and Joe are also 11 months apart and bio sibs. It is a joy to behold, I tell you!

All ready for FFF!

http://web.mac.com/sdkatz/iWeb/Laura%20Ingalls%20in%20Bloggerland/Blog/Blog.html

Laurie

Ellie said...

Oh Sarah~

Isn't it an amazing feeling to know that these children will grow up knowing they have a connection out there. I was blessed beyond belief, and have Bio Siblings that God has giving through Guat...

This morning I got up and posted my FFF, and guess what... IT FITS RIGHT INTO THE CATAGORY...

Hugs
Ellie

www.guatangels.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

How awesome is that?! That is so great they can spend time together like this and always grow up knowing eachother. What an amazing gift!!! He is so handsome.

We have our FFF up.

Christina said...

What a great story. I am envious of Sophie for being able to know her bio sibling. I can't wait to hear the rest of the story.

Our FFF is up too.

Kelley said...

I love this theme! I dug out some pics and posted today as well. Thanks for the fun Friday meme!

Kelley

Dena said...

What an awesome blessing to be able to be in touch! They are beautiful together! We are up and running our FFF!

Jennisa said...

I finally got with it! :0 mine's up!

Carr Family said...

What a blessing to be in contact with Sophie's bio sibling. It's good to have you back. Link us when you can!

Blessings,
Amy

ANDREEA said...

What beautiful children!!!!You can tell fro sure that they are brothers!!Thay are sooo cute toghether.:))

Becca said...

I had no idea! How beautiful they are together. Your families are so blessed!

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Marianne said...

What a great story and beautiful pics of Sophie and Daniel. Mine has been posted so link away!

Marianne
http://finley-and-chloes-world.blogspot.com/

Tracy said...

Those pictures are adorble, and you are so lucky to be able to have the two of them get to know eachother. That is so special.

Kathy said...

How wonderful that Sophie and Daniel will get to know one another. I am always checking the sibling registry to see if John had any siblings adopted. It is so great that you have a relationship with Daniel and his family. Beautiful children!

I have our FFF with John's furry sisters!

Doripink said...

SOOOOOO BEAUTIFUL!!!!

threehandprints said...

What adorable pictures of the two of them! Looks like they got along great and are close in age.

I have posted my FFF and as always, enjoy looking at your pictures! Have a great weekend!

Katie said...

What BEAUTIFUL kiddos. They could easily be on the cover of Parenting magazine. :)

Here is the link to my post
http://katie-memorablemoments.blogspot.com/2008/04/favorite-foto-friday-6-siblings.html

Have a great weekend!!

Amy said...

Those pictures are SO sweet. So glad they are getting the chance to know each other.

Here's ours: No siblings, just a boy and his dog: http://motherhoodandstuff.blogspot.com/2008/04/favorite-foto-friday-siblings-well-kind.html

Sharon said...

Precious Post!!!

Our FFF is up as well.
Sharon

Rachel said...

Here's my first FFF ever, looking forward to playing more often!

http://gravesfamilystuff.blogspot.com/2008/04/favorite-foto-fridaysiblings-or-umwell.html

Amanda said...

What beautiful photos and they just look so precious together. Mine is finally up as well! Have a good weekend :)
http://blueeyedboogaboys.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

Such cute pictures of Daniel and Sophie. They look so much alike! My FFF is up, too! Please link me.

Steve & Amy said...

How wonderful that Sophie can have a relationship with Daniel. It will mean so much to them when they are older. Beautiful pictures! My FFF is up but not with the theme..it's our anniversary:) Happy Friday!

Aves @ Call of the Phoebe said...

Me, Me, I did a FFF on ny blog...Love your pics and themes

Aves

Anonymous said...

Sarah,

What a heartwarming post. Thanks so much for sharing. What a blessing it is to have a sibling. Hopefully, Liliana will have one one day. I have our FFF up and running. Please link us when you have a moment. Thanks again for doing this. It's so much fun!

Ruthie
http://godspreciouschild.blogspot.com/

Robyn said...

What beautiful pics!! I think its so wonderful that you stay in contact with Daniel's family!!

I have been trying to post my FFF, but the pics will not upload. I'm not sure what's going on, but its quite frustrating. Guess I'll just keep trying.

Robyn

Jill said...

Beautiful post.. can't wait to hear the whole story. So awesome that your daughter gets to know her brother!!!!

My FFF is up... I just posted a fav pic... not themed,but I am impressed that I even remembered :-)

http://leskofamily.blogspot.com/
Jill (Mario and Allie's mommy)

Jamie said...

They are beautiful kids. That is so neat that they can be apart of each others lives.
I just finished posting mine.

Our Two Blessings From Above said...

Sarah,
I have been following your blog for a long time now, but have never left a comment.
Your post is amazing! That is so neat that they get to spend time together.
You have a beautiful family.
Sophie is adorable!! You always have her dressed so cute.
I love seeing all the photos you post.
God Bless you and your family.

Laurie said...

OMG those are tooo precious! LOVE them. Such beautiful kiddos!

Amy said...

I would love to be a part of the FFF theme! Please include me in your links, and I will participate each friday.

thanks,
Amy
www.amylynn3-thegoldsteins.blogspot.com

Amy said...

You mentioned on my blog that you thought we used the same agency. What agency did you use? For both of our adoptions we used Sunny Ridge Family Center in IL for the home study and Greenberg & Greenberg (attorneys in NY) for placement.

Feel free to comment on my blog or e-mail me at amylynn3_2000@yahoo.com.

P.S. Love your son's name! Although he goes by Grant right?

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

What a great thing to be able to see Sophie's bio brother. Please link me and I'll be sure to get my photos up. I've been trying to follow the theme in weeks past, missed this week--no sibs and had just posted pics of the furry baby sibs with her.
Becky T.

Taylor family: Tim, Becky, Tabitha said...

Yes Sarah, you got the right blog, thanks!
Becky T. mommy to Tabitha

Tracy said...

Hi Sarah, hope you dont mind, but I have tagged you.