However, a day that I never want to forget is the day five years ago when my world changed for forever. It was the day that I first glimpsed the face of a tiny little angel who became my daughter the moment my eyes saw her. No going back... I was in love!

All five pounds, three ounces of pink dreams come true! I am lucky that I still have this little pink sleeper and the Humpty Dumpty/ Cow Jumping Over the Moon blanket she is pictured in. Her foster mother brought her to us in them when we went to visit when she was 10 weeks old... and yes, they still fit with room to spare! What I treasure about this picture is the fact that she is being cradled in her birth mother's hands... presenting her for this photograph... knowing well what this picture meant. She made a plan for her daughter and I think of CL every day when I look into the eyes of our daughter, who looks much like the woman who made a sacrifice that I can never begin to understand.
Here is my dream come true five years later! My beautiful Sophie~Bug!! She was so excited to hear her story today and willingly posed with her referral picture that we keep beside her bed.
How on Earth did I ever deserve the gift of being able to be this child's mommy. I am so blessed!!
Five years... and all 32 pounds of her later, I still fall in love with her every. single. day.



12 comments:
What a beautiful baby Sophie was!!! Perfect little features!
Sophia is one of the cutest girls ever! I cant wait to see what Sophie looks lie in another five years!
Gorgeous! Then And Now!
I still remember that picture! Such a sweetie your girlie is!!! :)
What a happy day :) Love little baby Sophie's picture! She was such a tiny little baby doll. I love it :)
Sophie was a doll then and a doll now!!! Sophie I have enjoyed following you on this beautiful journey.
*Sarah, check your email RE: Scholarships for Morgan*
These are the sweetest pictures! What a sweet, little blessing!
She is so darling. I cannot beleive how tiny she was/is. Kate is 31 lbs at 4 and very lean.
Beautiful post, beautiful story & beautiful girl!
I just "re found" you. Glad you and your darling children are back.
~~~alicia~~~
yay!!! you're back! I missed you!
these pics are so sweet. She is such a big girl now! :)
~Elaine in OH
I don't know how long ago you went public again but I was so happy to click on your link that I had been saving and saw your blog pop up. I was sad when you went private because I really enjoyed keeping up with your family. I am a single mom of 2 and it's always encouraging to me to see that happy familys do come from single moms. I loved seeing 2 graduations, prom, Grant's birthday. Morgan gets more beautiful every time I see new pictures. You really are blessed with 3 great kids. Thanks again for going public and I look forward to more posts.
Hello Sarah, I came her from your comment at Lisa's.
Your little Sophie is so beautiful, and your post actually made me long for a baby in a way I haven't done for years. The referral photo is very special, and the "now" photo is so beautiful.
This, 23rd may, is my son's birthday!
Post a Comment