Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sophie's Four Year Pics

No clever theme this week... just in a blogging funk, I guess. I haven't had much to say lately and have wanted to keep this blog as a journal for the kids and haven't been doing so well on that either.

But, on the bright side of things, Sophie got her 4 year pictures taken and they turned out pretty good, not stellar... I am so picky about pictures now. But, we did manage to squeeze in our first Mother Daughter pictures ever... what do you think?







We will be having another photo session next month in Florida with our precious Daniel and his family... I hope those turn out great! I am also looking into somebody to do Morgan's SENIOR pictures this summer. I have an idea of exactly what I want, but the people I would love to photograph her live too far away! :-(

On the not so happy side... so many people that are going through so much and maybe that is what has me down. I am not going to list them here as I don't want to forget anybody and leave them out. Just know that my heart is heavy and I am fervently praying for them.


post signature

22 comments:

Heidi said...

I think they are beautiful pics! Sophie's dresses are adorable.

Marianne said...

Sarah love the mommy and me pictures. They are all adorable but I really like the ones of the two of you. When are you heading to florida? We are heading to Disney on June 13 through the 21, any chance you'll be close by. Also, you are right, there are so many people going through so much now, it seems with each passing day someone has bad news to share. I know prayers work, sometimes I do doubt but, I know in my heart of hearts prayers are the answers. Thanks sharing the photos and your words. Have a good rest of the week!

Anonymous said...

OHH these are great photos!!! Love those dresses!!!

You look GREAT!!!

Hugs and i hate that sooo many people are going throug alot right now! Praying for them!

hugs,leslie

Mama Bear said...

What beautiful pictures. I think they turned out very well especially with the two of you together. Sending lots of prayers right now to so many people needing an extra lift.

Kim said...

LOVE the pics.

I really like the photographer I use for Alex - let me know if you want her information. (She's in Shelbyville)

Tricia said...

Hi love, you guys look AMAZING! Green is your color, girl! :)

Morgan knows I'm on her list for wanting a copy of her senior pic! :)

Miss you!

Shannon said...

The pictures are great!!! Love your top in the pic.

I hope everything is ok with Heather from FL. I have followed her son's caringbridge site and her blog and she has been abscent for awhile.

Hannah said...

I love the pictures, I love any picture of Sophie!!

I found a very cool, kind of urban photographer in Indy...Is that too far? I believe they travel to Louisville. Let me know if you want their name or blog.

Laurie said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful girls! Praying your troubles are lifted!

happymomof4 said...

BEAUTIFUL pictures of a beautiful girl! I love her outfits they are precious. I also loved the mommy and me picture, so cute. Thanks for sharing:) Good luck on your search for someone to do the senior picts! I know some good photographers (and I think we live in the same town) if you would be interested just let me know. madhenmom@gmail.com

Rebekah said...

What great pictures ... Sophie is so darn cute in pretty much any pose but my favorite are the mommy and me pictures! They turned out beautiful ...

I will be praying for you and for those you are caring about ...

Hugs from MN!
Rebekah

veggiemom said...

Love the pics!!!
Hope things are looking better soon.

Janet said...

You're all still looking great!

Vanessa said...

Her photos look great!! How are Grant and Morgan doing?

Anonymous said...

Great pictures! But then again, I love any picture of Sophie. The mommy daughter ones are so great - that would be an awesome thing to do annually.

So sorry you have so much on your heart. Praying for you and those you care about.

snekcip said...

Just lost my whole comment post!!! Okay I will try this again, only a shorter version!!!

Love all the pics, the mommy/daugher is my favorite by far!!

FYI: When each of my kids graduated from HS I chose a different photographer for each one. I also searched for photographers who were "new to the scene". I found them more receptive to MY IDEAS and I have always been pleased! My "baby" graduated last year and I found a photographer about 30mins outside of my town and I wanted a "book" made specifically of her. The book was simply beautiful!!

My all time favorite is one I saw at a "area photography show". The graduate stood before a full length oval mirror and the image that stared back was a image of themselves ressed in their cap n gown from kindergarten!!

Definitely a tearjerker!!!

Dea said...

Love the pictures! So darn cute! I think the third one is my favorite but they are all real cute!

nora said...

Your mother/daughter pictures turned out beautiful!

And I agree - there has been bunches going on - I'm not sure if its just spring or the economy, but it all feels really heavy to me too.


Take care of yourself. Looking forward to seeing Morgan's senior photos. Maybe you should take them??

Becca said...

Sarah ~ You're in my thoughts and prayers, too. And as for a photographer - I think you take the best pics! I can't wait to see an new picture of Daniel! It was so nice to get to see everyone last weekend. And Ella wants to have her party at The Gym now, too. I think I'll compare prices and see if KaZoing is cheaper. (I'm sure Dave and I will probably do separate parties this year.) I wish we had places like those in Frankfort.

Peace and Hugs,
Becca

Krystal said...

Beautiful - both of you!

Robyn said...

Beautiful pics!! I especially love the mother/daughter one!!

One Busy Momma said...

Beautiful pictures!!

Love the two dresses for Sophie with the white background....
The mom and daughter pics are also beautiful! You are both very photogenic!