Friday, August 31, 2007

Favorite Foto Friday #3

This is Dayli...



You have probably noticed that beautiful little face in my sidebar and can read more about her here. I am choosing her for my Favorite Foto this week because I have some exciting news! I am going on a Mission Trip to Panajachel, Guatemala in November and will get to meet this sweet child in person! I sponsor her through the Mayan Families School Sponsorship program because I feel such an incredible draw to Guatemala and would like to make difference in the life of a child there. I am not going on the Mission Trip to only meet Dayli, I am going with a wonderful group of adoptive moms to deliver donated items and as well as see the San Jorge De La Laguna School that we are sponsoring to assess the needs and begin the process to build a library, make the school safe for the children to learn there, supply desks for them to do their work, etc.

Consider sponsoring a child in Guatemala or getting involved with an organization to help people in whatever country you feel drawn to support. I guarantee you that you will not only change the life of a child, you will be changed as well.

If you have any school supplies, shoes, medical items, dental items, towels, blankets, sheets, etc. that you would like to donate, please let me know. I would be happy to hand carry them down in November. I plan to take four suitcases full down with donations and pack my carryon for myself.

Love and FROG!

Sarah

12 comments:

Lori said...

How wonderful for you to meet this beautiful girl! That sounds like an amazing life-changing experience.

Dawn said...

Sarah,
You are incredibly blessed to be able to go to meet Dayli! How wonderful! I am still hoping that somehow when we go get Jellybean, I can meet the little girl I sponsor. I'm not sure it's very practical, but it is a dream I have.
d

Amy S. said...

What an admiral thing you are doing Sarah. I admire your good works. With all you have to do in raising teenagers and a toddler and have a job too..It is quite inspiring to follow in your footsteps. High Five and Hats Off to you!

Love and Hugs!

veggiemom said...

I LOVE the work that Mayan Families does. I have my sponsor student on my blog too. We're hoping to go down and volunteer next year. I can't wait to hear all about your trip!

Kerri and Ruby

Lori and Robby said...

How exciting! Sounds like a wonderful opportunity. I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you return.

Alleen said...

Is this the same mission trip that is being collected for at Guatoberfest? If so, I'm already buying stuff and setting it aside to bring to donate.

Dayli is beautiful. What a neat thing to get to meet her.

Krystal said...

Oh, how exciting!!! I can't wait to read about your trip :) I'm planning on taking some stuff down for Mayan Families when we go visit the boys!

Sarah said...

Alleen, no this is not the same mission as Guatoberfest, but I am thrilled that both missions will make a difference in Guatemala!

Amy... truly, hats off to Sharon at Mayan Families. What an incredible lady to spend so much of her time in Guatemala away from the comfort of home to help a community in our children's birth country. I am honored to be able to go down and excited to be back in Guat again... I will be going with my eyes wide open to see as much as I can without the stress of adoption.

Kerri, that is awesome that you will be able to go down next year. My 15 year old wants to go down one summer with me and I am looking into opportunities in 2008 for she and I to go down too.

Many Blessings (D) - I am glad you have a sponsored child in Haiti, that is wonderful! I hope that you are there soon picking up your sweet Jellybean and have an opportunity to meet your sponsored child!!

Love and FROG!

Sarah

Robyn said...

What a beautiful, young girl!! How exciting that you are going on a mission trip and will be able to meet her!! I have been thinking about sponsoring a child in Guatemala, but I didn't know where to start. Thanks for leading me in the right direction. I'm going to check out the sponsorship site right now!!

Robyn

Faithful Froggers said...

What a beautiful little girl! And how exciting that you will be able to travel back to Guatemala and meet her. I can only imagine how excited you are . . . you are doing such a wonderful thing!

Thanks for sharing all the pictures of Sophie! I love her little pig tails - she is just precious. What a gift adoption is! :)

Talk to you soon!
Love & FROG,
Heather

JuJu - said...

wow - that just gets my heart:)
She is so beautiful- -but then again - they all are...
JUlia:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, it's so great you get to meet her!!! I sponsor a little girl in Guate too. My sponsorship came out of meeting her actually. But we will forever be bonded...she is who turned my heart to adoption! Sounds liek your trip will be amazing!!!